• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MSDE-databases collation

K

kalexan

The collation choice must be the highest priority issue!!

We have got a hosting company in Greece and nobody can query fields with Greek characters correctly since each new mssql database has the latin collation by default.

I can't find where a new database creation is held so as to change its parameters... :(

Plesk people, ACT!!!!

Hmm, Plesk does not specify any collation, it is inherited from default.

if you rebuild "master" database with another collation, all new databses will be created with that collation. Will that solve your problem?

Check http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/architec/8_ar_da_819v.asp for more info

For new Plesk installs, you can skip MSDE install and install your own copy of MSDE or full-blown SQL Server with whatever settings you desire.

Originally posted by kalexan
Can Rebuildm.exe be used on msde from mssql 2000 to change the collation ?

Probably (MSDE is just a limited version of MS-SQL), but I never used it myself

Will plesk work properly after that?

Plesk itself does not depend on MS-SQL - it is an external service, connected to Plesk. As long as Plesk can log into the server and has enough rights to manage it, it will work

Will the existing database work?

If you rebuild it as well, it should