1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MSDE-databases collation

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by kalexan, Jul 1, 2005.

1. kalexan

kalexan Guest

The collation choice must be the highest priority issue!!

We have got a hosting company in Greece and nobody can query fields with Greek characters correctly since each new mssql database has the latin collation by default.

I can't find where a new database creation is held so as to change its parameters... :(

Plesk people, ACT!!!!

2. jaytee

jaytee Guest

Hmm, Plesk does not specify any collation, it is inherited from default.

if you rebuild "master" database with another collation, all new databses will be created with that collation. Will that solve your problem?

Check http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/architec/8_ar_da_819v.asp for more info

For new Plesk installs, you can skip MSDE install and install your own copy of MSDE or full-blown SQL Server with whatever settings you desire.

3. kalexan

kalexan Guest

4. jaytee

jaytee Guest

Probably (MSDE is just a limited version of MS-SQL), but I never used it myself

Plesk itself does not depend on MS-SQL - it is an external service, connected to Plesk. As long as Plesk can log into the server and has enough rights to manage it, it will work

If you rebuild it as well, it should