• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MsSQL 2012 db user is created without db_owner role

Sun JunP

New Pleskian
Hi There,

After upgrading to Plesk Panel 12, when db user is created on MsSQL 2012 server, db user seems to be missing db_owner role which is causing a lot of hassle at the moment.

I was not able to locate any settings for such except for following option.

"Enable the db_backupoperator role membership for all Microsoft SQL Server database users"

Please note, this only applies to new db user created as Plesk 11.5 didn't have such problem and only seems to be related to SQL 2012 not 2008.

Hello,

It was done by security reasons. Could you provide more details about problems caused by the lack of `db_owner` role?

Hi Sergey,

We use backup/restore tool called mylittlebackup which requires db_owner role to be enabled in order to manager backup/restores.

Sorry, but we can't return possibility of using db_owner role for security reasons. But in the next Plesk release 12.1, we have made it possible to backup/restore MSSQL dumps directly in Plesk interface without any third-party software. You can see how it works if you install Plesk development preview version.

Hello

need some security suggestions from you please~
There are two options to check at pleskadmin -> tools & setting ->Database Hosting Settings

1.Grant the ALTER DATABASE permission to all Microsoft SQL Server database users

2. Enable the db_backupoperator role membership for all Microsoft SQL Server database users

shall we enable these by fault? could you give me some pro and cons?

We are windows 2012R2 +MSSQL2014

thanks!

We are windows 2012R2+ Plesk Panel 12 + MsSQL 2012 db user can not Shrink database to decrease database log file, and Generate Script to database server 2008, Please tell me how to Shink and Generate Script on plesk 12 If I can not db_owner. Thank

Hi,

I've upgraded my Plesk 12.0 to 12.5.30 to fix "db_owner" issue, but seems it doesn't work. My test environment is Windows Plesk 12.5.30+MS SQL 2012. New user still creates without db_owner role. Also full backup\restore using native MS SQL backup functionality tick didn't restore db_owner role as well.

We are Plesk reseller and really need help with it.

Thanks,
Nick

Back