• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

MSSQL problem

ProWebS

Regular Pleskian
I did try to delete a domain from plesk with an MSSQL database inside and I received an error that it couldnt be done with the error: "Cannot open database "mplampla" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'randomusername'."

I did connect to MSSQL Server Management Studio Express and when I go to databases -> press on this database and press right click -> Properties I get the same error.

then some clients did email me that their websites (.net/mssql) dont work and I see the same error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot open database "database" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'username'.

There are clients with msssql databases that dont have any problem but many have it.

I did try Plesk Reconfigurator -Correct Disk permisson/Repair Plesk installation and Check components and folder permissions and that didnt help.

Any ideas???

I just purchased per incident support (DRI*Parallels, Inc. order 9540832326) and then I submitted a support request and got the message:

Our records indicate that your license belongs to one of Parallels Partners/Resellers. As such, they are your first point of contact for support and general inquiry. Parallels Inc. does not provide support and escalation path for users if any of the following conditions are true:

You are not a Partner or do not have an active support contract for the server/license that requires support
You purchased a hosting plan that utilizes Parallels software
f.e. Plesk is used in your provider's shared hosting plan or Virtuozzo is used by your provider to offer VPS hosting
You are past the date of your free support period and you did not purchase a per incident or annual support contract. This date is 30 days from the purchase date

Why is that ?????????????????

Back