• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MSSQL Server 2000

A

apbirch

Hello all
I’m new to Plesk and have a question about MS SQL Server 2000 support. I have it working thru the control panel and a user can create a new database ok and a database user however that user has access to see and query all the other databases on the server.

I understand in SQL how to change permissions in SQL to disallow that user access however I think there should be a way to modify the way Plesk creates users so they only have access to their own database(s).

Thanks

How are they accessing SQL enterprise manager?

I have Plesk and SQL 2000 w/ SP3a working great. (Standard edition)

The only way I got it to work flawlessly, esp with the Plesk asp.net manager interface, is to install a clean 2003 server, install services pack 1, set up the defaults in Plesk, etc.

Plesk will install MSDE support, however in order to get SQL 2000 STD or ENT working with Plesk, I did the following:

1. After Plesk was installed and configured, I updated my lic key which added the full application pack support for Plesk.
2. Change the default MSSQL password by clicking on the database icon.

After that install SQL 2000, make sure you use Mixed mode authentication. IT will ask you for an SA password. Set it to the exact password you changed the default SQL password to in Plesk.

Also make sure you do an UPGRADE, this will preserve the instance name and DSN that plesk created when installing MSDE. You will also be given the choice to upgrade programs as well in which time you need to make sure to select application support, specifically "enterprise manager".

When your done installing 2000, you should prob install SP3a as I did with no errors, etc. SP3a will ask you for authentication validation and make sure to specify your SA account and password.

Reboot and your all done.

Back