• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Multiple Domainmanagement - Webmail and SPF Records (Cloudflare)

mathi_reg

Basic Pleskian
Hey guys,

following basis:
1. I'm running myplesk.com with Plesk installed on it.
2. I'm using Cloudflare to point myplesk.com to the EC2 instance Plesk is on.
3. With Plesk I'm managing all webprojects and their domains.
4. I created a new subscription and domain called myprojectdomain.com
5. I'm also using Cloudflare to point to the same IP as Plesk where also myprojectdomain.com is hosted on.

My question now:
For myprojectdomain.com I want to have Webmail enabled.
a. I created a mailaccount for myprojectdomain.com
b. I can login to webmail.myplesk.com with [email protected]

However all Mails that are sent are always landing in Spam everywhere.
When using www.mail-tester.com I get this:

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 13.10.25.png

myprojectdomain.com does not allow your server 51.24.2135.14 to use [email protected]

Please ensure that you inserted your DKIM TXT DNS record on your domain myprojectdomain.com using the selector default.
If you recently modified your DNS, please be patient and test again your Newsletter in 12 hours, it may take some time for the DNS to be propagated

---------

My question now is where do I have to make those settings for those records? On cloudflare or on myplesk.com?
Fyi: I went to myplesk.com Domain and enabled DKIM and SPF in the Mail Settings, also the records are there for myprojectdomain.com.
But on cloudflare I basically only point the www to the IP address of myplesk.com

How is that exactly working and what do I have to change here?

Thanks for your help,
Matt

You need to add the DKIM and SPF settings on the DNS server that serves your domain, which is probably not your plesk server.
Use dig to find the servers that serve your domain, e.g.:
~# dig ns domain.com
;; ANSWER SECTION:
domain.com. 54917 IN NS ns1.first-ns.de.
domain.com. 54917 IN NS ns2.second-ns.com.
and to test what records you have there, use:
dig ANY domain.com
dig TXT _dmarc.domain.com
dig TXT default._domainkey.domain.com

Do NOT do this in a shell on your plesk server! If you do, it will use the machine's local nameserver which will always answer with the settings you did in plesk - this is not helpful if your problem is that everyone else uses a different nameserver with different settings.

Back