• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

multiple domains for one site

bdee1

Basic Pleskian
given the following scenario - what is the best way to handle it in plesk?

i have a site that i set up www.domain1.com

the site owner later decides that he wants to register www.domain2.com and have it redirect to his site (www.domain1.com)

later he decides that he wants to have email addresses @domain2.com in addition the the ones he already has @domain1.com

i know if the email were not involved with the second domain, i could just go into the DNS settings for the first domain/site and add a CNAME which redirects domain2.com to domain1.com

but if they want email for their new domain, would i add a new domain, and set the limits for web space to 0, but allow email accounts and then go into the dns for domain2.com and redirect it to domain1.com?

i dunno i am just thinking out loud - if anyone could tell me the best way to do this i would appreciate it.

I haven't tried to this as yet, but when i come to have an alias deliever email to a main domain I was going to go into mail enable directly. It sets up each post office seperately, and then lists the domains that the post office is responsible for. I was going to delete the domains from the alias domains postoffice and simply add it onto the main domain domains list.

That should then mean all email from the alias is delivered straight to the correct mail box on the main domain.

I've not tried it yet, but I wouldn't expect it to cause any problems in plesk, done this way

Back