• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question multiple IP addresses for users

flth

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a server with two IPv4 addresses (1x IPv6) and each is set to shared. But users can't select the ip adress, all get assigned the first IPv4 and the IPv6 automatically. Even on a second administrator account I can't change and assign it, only the main administrator can.
Did I miss anything?

That's right. Users cannot chose their own IP address. A shared IP address merely means that it can be shared among any number of websites regardless if they belong to the same account or not. As as opposed to a dedicated IP address which is bound to a single account (Plesk administrator, Customer, or Reseller).

More information on IP addresses management can be found in the Plesk documentation.

So I could use a dedicated IP and assign it for use to one of the users (role webmaster)? I didn't see a way to do this.

No. A dedicated IP address can only be assigned to users who are either Plesk administrators, customers, or resellers.

Also I believe you can only effectively assign dedicated IP addresses when you use Plesk in Service Provider view (which is only available in the Web Pro and Web Host editions).

I am on Web Host edition in Service Provider view. I only can see a way to assign the IP to resellers, not customers?

That's a good one. I am not sure actually. The documentation seems to imply it's possible to to assign IP addresses to Customers. But I can't find any way to do so either. So perhaps it's not possible after all?

If you want to be sure if it's possible to assign IP addresses to Customers contact Plesk support. They can investigate this further.

I am on Web Host edition in Service Provider view. I only can see a way to assign the IP to resellers, not customers?
I can set it in hosting&dns -> web hosting access but that's with web Admin edition so not sure if that makes much difference

Back