• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple PHP - Help with install problems

I have just tried a fresh install from scratch after removing the previous install.

I still receive the same failed test summary - is it safe to go ahead and # make install ?

Last edited:
Thx for this.. although I can't find any indication after searching through the forums and Google, to check if this will this work on Ubuntu ?

The Plesk PHP Panda (P3) is a suite of multiple PHP versions to an alternate location using redhats SCL structure, Allowing the default system version of PHP to remain in place. It is primarily
designed for Plesk hosting environments, but can be used on any RPM based system, including Redhat Enterprise Linux, Cloudlinux, and Centos.

I havent found anything like the redhat SCL library for ubuntu or debian. If they do support that in the future then it would be an option for those platforms.

Thx atomicturtle and Dx3webs :)

Ok, since using Panda isn't an option for Ubuntu at the moment, I've re-tried bypassing the # make test.

After #make and # make install and setting up for Plesk panel, everything appears to be working ok and I now have the 5.4.29 option available as fastcgi handler.

One point for anyone other Joomla users who have this - after changing one Joomla 2.5 site to PHP5.4.29 I received lots of "Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in.." errors. I resolved this by changing the error reporting in Joomla's Global config server settings to 'none' - the site is now running ok.

I'd like to say a big thank you to those who have took time to reply to my questions and help me get this working.

Cheers

Last edited:
On the new PHP5.4/fastcgi server I'm trying to install certain Joomla extensions and I'm receiving the error "The PHP Sqlite PDO driver is needed but not installed."

Running phpinfo() on a server with the new 5.4 shows:

mysql
Client API version: 5.1.73
MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE: external
MYSQL_SOCKET: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
MYSQL_INCLUDE: -I/usr/include/mysql
MYSQL_LIBS: -L/usr/lib -lmysqlclient_r

msqli
Client API library version: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $

mysqlnd
Version: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $

pdo_mysql
Client API version: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $

So, there's no reference to MYSQLI_SOCKET and no path showing ? MySQL version is 5.1.73, yet MySQLi shows a different version lower than MySQL ?

Running phpinfo() on a 5.3 server shws MySQLi as the same version as MySQL with a path to MYSQLI_SOCKET. Also, pdo_sqlite is showing - but it's not in PHP5.4 ?

This was my 5.4 /configure that I used:

./configure' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--prefix=/usr/local/php54-cgi' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php54-cgi/etc' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-cgi' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/php54-cgi' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/php54-cgi' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/php54-cgi' '--with-openssl' '--with-pspell' '--with-pcre-regex' '--with-zlib' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--with-unixODBC=/usr' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--without-sqlite3' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/php54-cgi' '--enable-pcntl' '--with-imap' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-gd' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-ldap' '--with-ldap-sasl' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysqli' '--with-snmp' '--enable-soap' '--with-xsl' '--enable-xmlreader' '--enable-xmlwriter' '--enable-pdo' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--with-pdo-pgsql' '--with-pear=/usr/local/php54-cgi/pear' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-intl' '--without-pdo-sqlite' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php54-cgi/php.d' '--enable-zip'

Can anyone help me out here ? Did I miss something and if so, how do I fix it ?

Hey the solution is simple try to compile it with sqllite!

You have '--without-pdo-sqllite' in your ./configure use '--with-sqlite3' '--with-pdo-sqllite' (maybe you have to fix the build dependencies) instead :)

Edit: The performance with a real database server is much better and reliable! Think about it :p

Thx.. yes, I totally agree on your last edit! But as I've said, I'm a complete newbie at this and it's a hard learning curve for me - which is why I'm asking for help! Slowly getting there though ;)

Ok, as I've already compiled, is it possibly to compile again over the top - or do I have to delete the 1st compile - if so, how ?

Thx redhell for your input.. it helps !

No idea how to do a make uninstall - I would have thought a new install over the top would just change things anyway - maybe the way to go ?

Ok.. now recompiled with the changes '--with-sqlite3' '--with-pdo-sqllite'

Everything seemed to be working - the error "The PHP Sqlite PDO driver is needed but not installed." has gone and I could install my Joomla extension ok - but then when I run the extension I receive the following error:

PDO Connection Error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

Here is the output from phpinfo ()

mysql
Client API version: 5.1.73
MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE: external
MYSQL_SOCKET: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
MYSQL_INCLUDE: -I/usr/include/mysql
MYSQL_LIBS: -L/usr/lib64 -lmysqlclient

Local Value Master Value
mysql.default_socket: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

mysqli

again, no path to MYSQLI_SOCKET listed ?

pdo_sqlite
SQLite Library 3.7.7.1

Looking in file manager I see that PHP5.4 has installed in: usr/local/php54-cgi (this is where the new php.ini is located)

Is this a path issue with mysqli ? The path to mysql socket is: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock - so do I need to set the same path for mysqli by placing it in php.ini ? If so, how do I set that ?

I'm also with webfusion am trying to do the same thing. I keep getting stuck with this line after configure

Config error: unable to locate gmp.h

Has anyone got any idea I can't get past this. Pretty sure I have installed packages
Thanks
Paul

I'm also with webfusion am trying to do the same thing. I keep getting stuck with this line after configure

Config error: unable to locate gmp.h

Has anyone got any idea I can't get past this. Pretty sure I have installed packages
Thanks
Paul
I think that you need to install libgmp3-dev
Depends on your Linux:

# yum install libgmp3-dev

or

# apt-get install libgmp3-dev

Thanks Igor, Nearly there Ive manged to make install without error in /usr/local/src/php5438 however I cannot see this in hosting settings for any of the domains only originalk is displayed. Have tried rebooting.

Thanks Igor, Nearly there Ive manged to make install without error in /usr/local/src/php5438 however I cannot see this in hosting settings for any of the domains only originalk is displayed. Have tried rebooting.
But have you registered new php handler as it is described in documentation?

Back