• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple PHP versions

Marian_Brockerhoff

New Pleskian
I currenlty need to have php5.4.3 while maintaining the avilability for php 5.5.

MY OS is ubuntu 14.04

I tried to follow this information guide here;
http://kb.odin.com/en/118378

When running configure i got missing links, fixed that with symlinks and configure commands as described here:
askubuntu.com/questions/258394/error-installing-php-5-3-21-on-ubuntu-12-04
=====================================================================
FAILED TEST SUMMARY
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Bug #67052 - NumberFormatter::parse() resets LC_NUMERIC setting [ext/intl/tests/bug67052.phpt]
IntlDateFormatter, calendars and time zone [ext/intl/tests/dateformat_calendars.phpt]
IntlDateFormatter, calendars and time zone [ext/intl/tests/dateformat_calendars_variant2.phpt]
datefmt_format_code() [ext/intl/tests/dateformat_format.phpt]
datefmt_format_code() and datefmt_parse_code() [ext/intl/tests/dateformat_format_parse.phpt]
datefmt_set_timezone_id_code() icu >= 4.8 [ext/intl/tests/dateformat_set_timezone_id2.phpt]
datefmt_set_timezone_id_code() icu >= 4.8 [ext/intl/tests/dateformat_set_timezone_id3.phpt]
Bug #60749: SNMP module should not strip non-standard SNMP port from hostname [ext/snmp/tests/bug60749.phpt]
Bug #64124 IPv6 malformed [ext/snmp/tests/bug64124.phpt]
Bug #64159: Truncated snmpget [ext/snmp/tests/bug64159.phpt]
IPv6 support [ext/snmp/tests/ipv6.phpt]
OO API: getErrno & getError methods [ext/snmp/tests/snmp-object-errno-errstr.phpt]
OO API [ext/snmp/tests/snmp-object.phpt]
Function snmp2_get [ext/snmp/tests/snmp2_get.phpt]
Function snmp2_getnext [ext/snmp/tests/snmp2_getnext.phpt]
Function snmp2_real_walk [ext/snmp/tests/snmp2_real_walk.phpt]
Function snmp2_set (without MIBs loading) [ext/snmp/tests/snmp2_set-nomib.phpt]
Function snmp2_set [ext/snmp/tests/snmp2_set.phpt]
Function snmp2_walk [ext/snmp/tests/snmp2_walk.phpt]
SNMPv3 Support (errors) [ext/snmp/tests/snmp3-error.phpt]
SNMPv3 Support [ext/snmp/tests/snmp3.phpt]
Function snmp_getvalue [ext/snmp/tests/snmp_getvalue.phpt]
Function snmp_read_mib [ext/snmp/tests/snmp_read_mib.phpt]
Function snmpget [ext/snmp/tests/snmpget.phpt]
Function snmpgetnext [ext/snmp/tests/snmpgetnext.phpt]
Function snmprealwalk [ext/snmp/tests/snmprealwalk.phpt]
Function snmpset (without MIBs loading) [ext/snmp/tests/snmpset-nomib.phpt]
Function snmpset [ext/snmp/tests/snmpset.phpt]
Function snmpwalk [ext/snmp/tests/snmpwalk.phpt]
Test fileperms() & chmod() functions: usage variation - misc. perms [ext/standard/tests/file/006_variation2.phpt]
chmod() basic functionality [ext/standard/tests/file/chmod_basic.phpt]
Bug #60227 (header() cannot detect the multi-line header with CR), \r before \n [ext/standard/tests/general_functions/bug60227_2.phpt]
Bug #60227 (header() cannot detect the multi-line header with CR), \0 before \n [ext/standard/tests/general_functions/bug60227_3.phpt]
Bug #60227 (header() cannot detect the multi-line header with CR), CRLF [ext/standard/tests/general_functions/bug60227_4.phpt]
Test strptime() function : basic functionality [ext/standard/tests/time/strptime_basic.phpt]

You may have found a problem in PHP.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Is this a problem? And if yes, any idea how to solve that?

One step further ...

These err msgs where generated by bad configure commands.

The faulty ./configure that ended with in the result above:
./configure '--with-libdir=lib' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--prefix=/usr/local/php543-cgi' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php543-cgi/etc' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/php543-cgi' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/php543-cgi' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/php543-cgi' '--with-openssl' '--with-pspell' '--with-pcre-regex' '--with-zlib' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--with-unixODBC=/usr' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--without-sqlite3' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/php543-cgi' '--enable-pcntl' '--with-imap' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-gd' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-ldap=/usr' '--with-ldap-sasl' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysqli' '--with-snmp' '--enable-soap' '--with-xsl' '--enable-xmlreader' '--enable-xmlwriter' '--enable-pdo' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--with-pdo-pgsql' '--with-pear=/usr/local/php543-cgi/pear' '--enable-intl' '--without-pdo-sqlite' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php5-cgi/php.d' '--enable-cgi'​

The ./configure commands i just used now:

./configure '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--prefix=/usr/local/php543-cgi' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php543-cgi/etc' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/php543-cgi' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/php543-cgi' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/php543-cgi' '--with-openssl' '--with-pspell' '--with-pcre-regex' '--with-zlib' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--with-unixODBC=/usr' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--without-sqlite3' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/php543-cgi' '--enable-pcntl' '--with-imap' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-gd' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-ldap=/usr' '--with-ldap-sasl' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysqli' '--with-snmp' '--enable-soap' '--with-xsl' '--enable-xmlreader' '--enable-xmlwriter' '--enable-pdo' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--with-pdo-pgsql' '--with-pear=/usr/local/php543-cgi/pear' '--enable-intl' '--without-pdo-sqlite' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php5-cgi/php.d' '--enable-cgi'​

Resulting in:

TEST RESULT SUMMARY
Exts skipped : 51
Exts tested : 26

Number of tests : 12591 8518
Tests skipped : 4073 ( 32.3%) --------
Tests warned : 0 ( 0.0%) ( 0.0%)
Tests failed : 6 ( 0.0%) ( 0.1%)
Expected fail : 32 ( 0.3%) ( 0.4%)
Tests passed : 8480 ( 67.3%) ( 99.6%)
Time taken : 259 seconds

EXPECTED FAILED TEST SUMMARY
Test open_basedir configuration [tests/security/open_basedir_linkinfo.phpt] XFAIL REASON: BUG: open_basedir cannot delete symlink to prohibited file. See also
bugs 48111 and 52176.
Inconsistencies when accessing protected members [Zend/tests/access_modifiers_008.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Discussion: http://marc.info/?l=php-internals&m=120221184420957&w=2
Inconsistencies when accessing protected members - 2 [Zend/tests/access_modifiers_009.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Discussion: http://marc.info/?l=php-internals&m=120221184420957&w=2
Bug #48770 (call_user_func_array() fails to call parent from inheriting class) [Zend/tests/bug48770.phpt] XFAIL REASON: See Bug #48770
Bug #48770 (call_user_func_array() fails to call parent from inheriting class) [Zend/tests/bug48770_2.phpt] XFAIL REASON: See Bug #48770
Bug #48770 (call_user_func_array() fails to call parent from inheriting class) [Zend/tests/bug48770_3.phpt] XFAIL REASON: See Bug #48770
Bug #63336 (invalid E_NOTICE error occur) [Zend/tests/bug63336.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Bug is not fixed yet
Bug #64896 (Segfault with gc_collect_cycles using unserialize on certain objects) [Zend/tests/bug64896.phpt] XFAIL REASON: We can not fix this bug without a significant (performace slow down) change to gc
Initial value of static var in method depends on the include time of the class definition [Zend/tests/method_static_var.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Maybe not a bug
DateTime::add() -- fall type2 type3 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_add-fall-type2-type3.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::add() -- fall type3 type2 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_add-fall-type3-type2.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::add() -- fall type3 type3 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_add-fall-type3-type3.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::add() -- spring type2 type3 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_add-spring-type2-type3.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::add() -- spring type3 type2 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_add-spring-type3-type2.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::add() -- spring type3 type3 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_add-spring-type3-type3.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::diff() -- fall type2 type3 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_diff-fall-type2-type3.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::diff() -- fall type3 type2 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_diff-fall-type3-type2.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::diff() -- fall type3 type3 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_diff-fall-type3-type3.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::diff() -- spring type2 type3 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_diff-spring-type2-type3.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::diff() -- spring type3 type2 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_diff-spring-type3-type2.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::diff() -- spring type3 type3 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_diff-spring-type3-type3.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::sub() -- fall type2 type3 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_sub-fall-type2-type3.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::sub() -- fall type3 type2 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_sub-fall-type3-type2.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::sub() -- fall type3 type3 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_sub-fall-type3-type3.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::sub() -- spring type2 type3 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_sub-spring-type2-type3.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::sub() -- spring type3 type2 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_sub-spring-type3-type2.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
DateTime::sub() -- spring type3 type3 [ext/date/tests/DateTime_sub-spring-type3-type3.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Various bugs exist
RFC: DateTime and Daylight Saving Time Transitions (zone type 3, bd2) [ext/date/tests/rfc-datetime_and_daylight_saving_time-type3-bd2.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Still not quite right
RFC: DateTime and Daylight Saving Time Transitions (zone type 3, fs) [ext/date/tests/rfc-datetime_and_daylight_saving_time-type3-fs.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Still not quite right
Bug #42718 (unsafe_raw filter not applied when configured as default filter) [ext/filter/tests/bug42718.phpt] XFAIL REASON: FILTER_UNSAFE_RAW not applied when configured as default filter, even with flags
Bug #67296 (filter_input doesn't validate variables) [ext/filter/tests/bug49184.phpt] XFAIL REASON: See Bug #49184
Bug #45712 (NaN/INF comparison) [ext/standard/tests/math/bug45712.phpt] XFAIL REASON: Bug 45712 not fixed yet.​

Hello,

Probably it will be a good news for you and those who need to maintain availability of multiple php versions.
We plan to add several php versions packaged by Parallels that will be available as separate components in Plesk 12.0.18 Installer

I recently updated to Plesk 12.0.18 but didn't see the option for multiple php. I need to add php.5.3.10 (currently using php5.3.3) for newer Joomla installs. I lease a dedicated server and I'm told "Installation via yum and the Plesk autoinstaller will update PHP on all websites as it replaces the system PHP binary and and you need two PHP versions running at the same time, the only option is compiling PHP from source". This is a small sideline business for me (limited money) and I'm not particularly technical so this is a major challenge for me.

Hello,

If you can wait until Q3/4 this year, Plesk 12.1 will support multiple PHP versions by default.

5.2 -> 5.6

Sounds great! :) :) Looking forward to it.

ETA?

Will it be easy to add on via the interface if I have 12.0 already installed?

Will future automatic updates drop old versions of PHP in the package without notice? Or would it be a manual update so that we have time to inform clients?

Yes - it will be new component for each php version in Plesk 12.0 Installer without any auto replacements or conflicts with installed php versions

I have to get this done ASAP, unfortunately. Are there advantages to PHP Panda for this ? Easier ? (Assuming that I only have to do this once and then use Plesk Installer in the future, if required.)

Crazy easy. It installs the php versions into an alternate location so it wont conflict with the distro build, adds a drop down selector into plesk for each domain so your users can select what they want to use. Updates are over the regular yum mechanism.

Excellent news! I'll check this out over the next couple of days. This is going to make life so much easier!

I am using Cloudlinux OS ( Centos 6 ) and do not see the option to Add the Multi-PHP Versions ?

Is this not supported?

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, but I think it may be related to this issue. My Sitebuilder clients are getting this when they try to publish..
"The site has not been published.
Cannot copy the site files to the specified site location. It is possible that you do not have enough permissions for writing, or there is not enough free disk space on the server."

I contacted the company that I lease the dedicated server from and this was their response..
This error is discussed in this parallels article,
http://kb.odin.com/en/5389

In the Resolution section, item 3 notes that if proftpd is installed from the atomic repo, then it must be removed. Checking your server, it seems there are proftpd packages installed from the atomic repository:

[root@netrosites storage]# yum list | grep "proftpd"
psa-proftpd.i386 1.3.5-rhel5.build1200140529.18
psa-proftpd.i386 1.3.5-6.el5.art atomic
psa-proftpd-debuginfo.i386 1.3.5-6.el5.art atomic
psa-proftpd-devel.i386 1.3.5-6.el5.art atomic
psa-proftpd-ldap.i386 1.3.5-6.el5.art atomic
psa-proftpd-mod_sftp.i386 1.3.5-6.el5.art atomic
psa-proftpd-mysql.i386 1.3.5-6.el5.art atomic
psa-proftpd-postgresql.i386 1.3.5-6.el5.art atomic
psa-proftpd-xinetd.i386 1.3.5-6.el5.art atomic

It seems you will need to remove those packages as a starting point.
-------------------------------------------------------
I don't want to do anything that could cause other problems. Anyone have and suggestions/comments ?

You dont need to remove the ftp packages. This is probably because the ftp user is trying to write to files/directories are owned by a different user, like "apache". Check that first.

This just started happening a couple of weeks ago. I've got about 8 customers using Sitebuilder and it's affecting all of them. Do I need to fix each one individually ?

I looked through various files/directories, from random clients that are having problems, and can't locate any files/directories that are owned by a different user. Any place specific that I should be checking ?

I went in and personally checked all the reported sites that were having this problem. Sorry, not as I was initially told. There are 11 clients using Sitebulder and 9 are working fine. 2 are having the publishing problem. I've compared the various settings to see if there is any noticeable difference between the ones that work and the ones that don't. I didn't notice any difference in these settings. I double checked ownership and it seems correct (no Apache, etc.) Any suggestions ?

Back