• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Multiple sites on HTTPS with one IP

webnoob

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm running into some issues using plesk. This is my first time with Plesk as normally I'd just use Nginx directly.

I'm looking to host www.mydoimain.com and api.mydomain.com both https on the same plesk control panel. api.mydomain.com is a nodejs application.

Is this possible with plesk? Does it set up the config file in such a way that allows for multiple 443 ports on the same IP address (using the domain name to lookup)

I have other questions but it's best I find out this one first just to make sure I'm not running down the wrong path.

Yes, you can. Just create domain mydomain.com (www prefix will be added automatically) and add api.mydomain.com subdomain for this domain.

Ok, great. Thanks.

Now I know that should work - I'm having issues with plesk node running my API. Is there a way to manually run my node app on that subdomain? i.e Not use the node application plesk has but instead use pm2? The issue I face is that plesk is controlling the website and starting it on 443 so I'm not then able to start another process (my node api) on 443

Hello did you find a solution? Because I also want to run more then 1 nodejs app and right now it is only possible to run 1 app, the rest gives an error.

Problem here is your domain or sub domain run on port 80. And if you run node app on let say 5000 port you need to configure nginx.(bind 80 to 5000)

It's better you create sub domain for each node app.

But the still catch is you can't run it manually from terminal as there is already port 80 is in use.

Run it from node components it's best way to do it but it won't tun non scripts, so you have to create environment variable separately.

Back