• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple stuff!

Originally posted by Hal9000
i agree, the subdomain management was better implemented in confixx, in my opinion.
and postfix, support for it was asked over and over, but i guess we will have to stuck with qmail...
i finally managed to fix the qmail problems on debian back in january, and im happy enought now that it works... and btw swsoft now published its patches so you can compile your own qmail.
but still i would prefer postfix :)
hal

Hi Hal9000.

As I understand, your post have been sent under Plesk 8.0 for Linux.

Is that meen SWsoft qmail patches are the same for Plesk 7.5.4 and Plesk 8.0?

I also need to build my own qmail with theses sources for 8.0 environement

THX

Originally posted by Lars
No. Did you?1) What were the feature requests or fixes you demanded in 2005 from SWsoft?
2) How long did they need to fullfill your requests or fixed stuff you wanted fixed?

I don't think SWsoft did read this forum. If they read this forum and listed to their end users (=us), there would be no more questions about:
- subdomains,
- qmail,
- spamassassin updates,
- single user login,
- phpMyAdmin updates

First off, SWsoft probably still hasn't read your post as this is a community supported forum.

Secondly, I would not disrespect Cranky as he is a Major developer for plesk updates, php, mysql, etc.. If you look around, Cranky has brought up and solved many issues with plesk.

I would, however, like to see and expect swsoft to evolve and they will probably eventually support other mail servers for *nix.

Go with PSA for Windows if you want more email options immediately.

Respectfully,
POKE ;)

Originally posted by freemind
Hi Hal9000.

As I understand, your post have been sent under Plesk 8.0 for Linux.

Is that meen SWsoft qmail patches are the same for Plesk 7.5.4 and Plesk 8.0?

I also need to build my own qmail with theses sources for 8.0 environement

THX

the patches are different.
but swsoft just released the patches for plesk 8's qmail a couple of days ago, just look at the knowledge base ;)
hal

Originally posted by cyrus1u1
What need to be patched on plesk 8's qmail?
Maybe logging?
The installation does not log which IPs are blocked by which blocklist or which IP sent me what mail.

Lars

I need a multiple IP patch for qmail so all email is rotated thru a list of IPs... This guy just quadrupled his price... can anyone assist? :D

Just out of curiosity, what's the purpose of this multiple IP patch?

It cycles all outgoing email to send through a list of all IPs on the server one-by-one... When hosting lots of email clients this can help get email delivered to AOL, HotMail, beat temporary blocks, etc...

Originally posted by DeanW
... this can help get email delivered to AOL, HotMail, beat temporary blocks, etc...
Sound like you or your customers get blocked a lot?

Lars

Back