• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Multiserver Roadmap question - HA Feature

enerspace

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone,

can we Discuss this point?:
  • Administrative balancing (moving a subscription's files between service nodes).
I can move customers directly from one service node to another?

It would be great if it were possible to use this function to create a high-availability service node.

This could look like this: I create a customer and assign it to the primary service node. In addition, I assign a secondary failover service node to the customer. Should the primary service node fail, the visitor would be redirected to the secondary service node.

Look to Proxmox. This virtualisation have a good HA feature.

I could, for example, perform maintenance work or it could fail on the service node also the hardware without the data is lost.

Is something planned?

Hi @enerspace,

I can move customers directly from one service node to another?

Yes. Administrative balancing will allow customers to move subscriptions between service nodes w/o downtime.
It is not failover scenario, and it is not supposed to run the same website on both service nodes with synchronization between them. But it can be the first step to HA which you described.

It is a good idea to have a Failover cluster with Multi Server service nodes, we will think about it for the future updates.

Back