• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved MySQL DNS remote connection fail

Joni

New Pleskian
Hello,

First of all, many thanks for any reply.

Im trying to connect with a desktop database software, so its a remote connection.

I already configured in the dababase user the option "Allow remote connection from" and i put ther the domain whats resolve to the IP of pc client.

hostname.domainname.net

But when i try to connect i got:

"
The specified database user/password combination is rejected: [28000][1045] Access denied for user 'databasename'@'XX.XX.XX.X' (using password: YES)
"
As you can see, in the error that server returns it comes with the IP resolved but i cant connect. If i put the IP directly in the "Allow remote connection from" instead of the domain name it connect propertly, so its not a misconfiguration on client software.

My question is, if it is resolving the domain name to the IP (as you can see in the error response), why isent connecting with the DNS but it connect if i put the IP directly?

We need to connect with domain name becaunse our ip´s are dynamics.

Maybe i cant explain myself very well, sorry because im not a good english writter :D

Many many thanks for any help.

The problem is that mysql also looks for the reverse of the IP, which resolves the internet provider DNS.

This makes it impossible for me to allow connection via DNS. Looking for another solution. Probably through an ssh tunnel.

Back