• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

MySQL + DNS server

M

MikkelT

Hi all,

Plesk is the hardest piece of software i have ever tried to install on my server :D
I spent +10 hours making it work.. lol!
I already had a ms-sql server on my pc, and for some reason it just wouldn't accept my sa password, so it ended up i skipped site builder :p

Any way, i went through a nightmare of uninstalling mysql, but finally done.
Now i tried to install plesk (for the 5th time), and it completed without any errors at all! o0 amazing :D

So, now it's all good, everything appears to be working but sql databases..
I tried to connect as admin and my plesk admin password, but said user denied.. i then tried with root and it kept denying me.. so i resetted the password to my plesk password, and i could connect.. Via a local client on the server.

Now, when i go to plesk, i see that my mysql server is running, however plesk didn't add it automatically, which i kinda expected it would..
Any way i tried to add the mysql server, but in return i got the following error:

Error: Test connection to the database server has failed because of network problems:

C Exception: 3221225477

Alright, i tried to search for this, and nothing comes up, so i guess it's just me who is stuck with this problem? :/

Alright then, I moved on, to set my DNS server, and the following error message appeared:

Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Execute dnsmng.exe REMOVE * failed:
Execute dnsmng.exe UPDATE * failed:

Any help would be appreciated :D

Yep, I also have exactly the same problem with setting my DNS since my upgrade to version 9.5...

Everything worked fine in v 9.3 and even after the upgrade, but when I tried adding a new domain it bombed out on dnsmgr.exe. I then disabled DNS and then tried re-enabling MS DNS server and it came up with the same error you mentioned.

Obviously all my domains are now broken due to a disabled dns server. I hope Igor or one of the other techs can help ASAP...

Thanks for your assistance, however this solved nothing for me, as this wasn't the problem i was experiencing :(

Back