• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question mySQL & MariaDB im Plesk

caitanya

New Pleskian
Hi,

Is there a way in Centos 7 to first install MariaDB (in our case 10.3) and AFTER parallel to the MariaDB install the mySQL 5.7. We are using Plesk 18.0.26, but I guess this has nothing to do with SQL so if the question is in the wrong Forum please move it to the right one.

Thank you for the hints.

Why do you need this? Why one SQL server is not enough?

Theoretically, you can install multiple MySQL instances on a single server, but practically I do not know how to do this. Maybe someone who has such an experience will explain you here.

I have few customers that are not compatible with mariaDB and would need mySQL 5.7 untill I migrate them to the new CMS. There are some small issues that the old CMS was programmed using INSERT INTO name (column1, column2 ,colum3) VALUES (1,2,3) but mariaDB wants INSERT INTO name (`column1`, `column2` , `colum3`) VALUES (1,2,3) and we can not find a way around it.

Back