• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question MySQL (or MariaDB) bug: prepared statement needs to be re-prepared

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
I've the last version of Plesk (17.8.11) on Debian 9.5 and I've problems with the "mysql views", receiving a generic error "Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared".

If I turn off "prepared statements" the "views" works good but for security reason I'd prefer to leave it activated.

On this page the bug is reported as fixed in the last 5.7 version (indeed on my localhost workspace environment I have this version and it works all right) but I don't understand which version is installed on my server:
MySQL Bugs: #42041: Prepared-Statement fails when MySQL-Server under load

In the components I see:
10.1.26-0+deb9u1

Which MySQL version it refer to?
I think the number is relative to MariaDB... is it the last version available or is necessary to install manually some updates on Plesk?
Thanks.

Last edited:
My hosting provider has updated to the 10.2 version (10.2.19+maria~stretch) and the issue is gone but after several hours is return back.

1. the updating process has been done last Friday evening (Italian time) and the "Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared" issue is gone;
  2. Saturday morning Plesk showed me on "Updates and Upgrades" a "Apache" voice in the "update components" that I've done but after that, the "Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared" issue is return back;
  3. yesterday evening (Wednesday) Plesk showed me on "Updates and Upgrades" a "MySQL" voice in the "update components" that I've done and "Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared" issue is gone;
  4. this morning "Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared" issue is return back without no particular activity on the server

What happen? Why Plesk showed me these two updates “Apache” and “MySQL”? How can I fix it?

Last edited:
Back