1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MySQL Performance slow on new install?

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Windows' started by monkeyblue, Nov 13, 2012.

1. monkeyblue

monkeyblue New Pleskian

35%
    Hi,

I have recently decided to set-up Parallels Plesk 11 on a brand new server to move my clients over to, however I am finding that the MySQL performance is quite slow compared to my old servers, are there any suggestions on how to speed this up? I have tried various changes in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\data\my.ini but nothing seems to help with the performance.

For example here is the spec of my old server

Windows 2003 (32 Bit)
    Dual Core
    2GB Ram
    SATA Disks Raid 1

A test website loads in MySQL: 0.0076 s, 4 request(s), PHP: 0.0781 s, total: 0.0857s,

Now on my brand new server the spec is this

Windows 2008 (64bit)
    Quad Core
    8GB Ram
    SAS Raid 5 Disks

The website loads in : MySQL: 1.0276 s, 0 request(s), PHP: 0.0330 s, total: 1.0607 s

Any suggestions on how to speed MySQL up would be great.

Thanks Aaron

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. PavelV

PavelV Plesk for Windows Staff Member

Do you have any sort of Virtualization technology enabled on your server? Microsoft Hyper-v, Parallels Virtuozzo Containers?

3. monkeyblue

monkeyblue New Pleskian

35%
    Hi,

I meant to reply back a while ago I found out the issue in the end when I used scripts on my site using server = "127.0.0.1" the MySQL load time dropped from over 1s to around 0.036s which is what I really wanted to see.

What I discovered in the end was that my server was built from the data centre image and in c:\windows\system32\etc\hosts there was no localhost reference which my website was previously using so I added that entry back in and changed the site settings to use

server = "localhost:

And with that the site loads really quick, I have no idea why the data centre missed out the localhost reference in c:\windows\system32\etc\hosts but at least I have solved the issue now

:)

Thanks