• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL Performance slow on new install?

monkeyblue

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have recently decided to set-up Parallels Plesk 11 on a brand new server to move my clients over to, however I am finding that the MySQL performance is quite slow compared to my old servers, are there any suggestions on how to speed this up? I have tried various changes in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\data\my.ini but nothing seems to help with the performance.

For example here is the spec of my old server

Windows 2003 (32 Bit)
Dual Core
2GB Ram
SATA Disks Raid 1

A test website loads in MySQL: 0.0076 s, 4 request(s), PHP: 0.0781 s, total: 0.0857s,

Now on my brand new server the spec is this

Windows 2008 (64bit)
Quad Core
8GB Ram
SAS Raid 5 Disks

The website loads in : MySQL: 1.0276 s, 0 request(s), PHP: 0.0330 s, total: 1.0607 s

Any suggestions on how to speed MySQL up would be great.

Thanks Aaron

Last edited:
Do you have any sort of Virtualization technology enabled on your server? Microsoft Hyper-v, Parallels Virtuozzo Containers?

Hi,

I meant to reply back a while ago I found out the issue in the end when I used scripts on my site using server = "127.0.0.1" the MySQL load time dropped from over 1s to around 0.036s which is what I really wanted to see.

What I discovered in the end was that my server was built from the data centre image and in c:\windows\system32\etc\hosts there was no localhost reference which my website was previously using so I added that entry back in and changed the site settings to use

server = "localhost:

And with that the site loads really quick, I have no idea why the data centre missed out the localhost reference in c:\windows\system32\etc\hosts but at least I have solved the issue now

:)

Thanks

Back