• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL with Plesk 7.5.3

R

rafcarter

I updated Mysql to version 4.x by art yum.

When I create a database and create a user, I login through phpmyadmin and see that under create databases, it says no privileges. I can create tables and store data

but I cannot run "Grant all privileges on xxx to xxx identified by 'xxx';

It says access denied. Error 1045.

basically I'm trying to get Mambo setup and get an access denied error

sappmng: /usr/local/psa/var/cgitory/Mambo-4.5.2-2/scripts/ postinstall execution failed blah blah blah access denied for user xxx

Any ideas ?

you can create a new database using plesk interface...

you can create also a new database if logged as "admin" with your plesk admin password...

i think that you cannot create a new database if logged as a user created within plesk...

that use has access only to it's associated database.... nothing more, nothing less ;)

A workaround for this is logging into phpmyadmin using your Plesk admin user and password, this way you will be able to create databases, modify any user database, etc.

But take care, you will not be able to backup/manage/etc any database created out of plesk as that databases are not related to any customer or domain.

Also, a flush privileges over the upgraded mysql server will be nice.

Hello
How do you give each user more space in mysql or how do you make more mysql space?
Kindest Regards
Micheal

Mysql should not be limited in the amount of space it uses (other than physical disk space). My guess is that any additional limit is imposed by the amount of disk space assigned to the domain. So if you increase the disk quota for the domain you'll increase the quota for the database. I haven't been using plesk long enough to know if it places disk limitations on mysql, but hopefully one of the more experienced users will verify if that is correct or not.

Thanks thats what I thought and the server statistics tell me there is a great deal of space. see below!

Memory UsageTotal Used Free Shared Buffer Cached Usage
242.37 MB 161.43 MB 80.94 MB 0 B 3.29 MB 70.16 MB 66.61%

Swap usageTotal Used Free Usage
1.95 GB 0 B 1.95 GB 0%

Hard Disk UsageFilesystem Total Used Available Capacity
/dev/hda5 4 995.41 MB 954.25 MB 4 041.17 MB 19.1%

Directories /usr/local/psa
/dev/hda6 4 995.41 MB 167.61 MB 4 827.81 MB 3.36%

Directories /var/lib/mysql
/var/qmail/mailnames
/var/named/run-root
/dev/hda7 26 749.12 MB 421.48 MB 26 327.64 MB 1.58%

Directories /home/httpd/vhosts

Domains Active 17
Problem 0

which is confusing because i'm recieving the following message on a newly installed phpbb2 forum. below!

Could not query forums information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 28 from table handler

SELECT f.*, p.post_time, p.post_username, u.username, u.user_id FROM (( phpbb_forums f LEFT JOIN phpbb_posts p ON p.post_id = f.forum_last_post_id ) LEFT JOIN phpbb_users u ON u.user_id = p.poster_id ) ORDER BY f.cat_id, f.forum_order

Line : 167
File httpdocs/phpBB2/index.php

I've optimized my tables, checked the disk space and still no joy , everything was working fine then I added one more forum, making it three under one category and error code.

any help on this would be appreciated, phpbb keep telling me this is not a phpbb2 problem, and I agree as I also installed a simple machines board and the same happened.

Regards Micheal. :confused:

:eek: Well I don't believe it the problem is resolved. When I installed the forum there was a test category which I just edited to "General Forum" and began creating more forums within that Category. I just deleted the whole category and started a fresh one. It's now working fine. Unbelievable.

Thanks Kindest Regards
Micheal. :)

Back