• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question mysql_upgrade after Centos7 to alma Conversion

KlausZ

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.10
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.61 Update #5
Hi,

after the conversion of CentOS7.9 to almaLinux i see in the log file:

Jun 24 21:47:28 serverxyz systemd[1]: Starting MariaDB 10.3 database server...
Jun 24 21:47:30 serverxyz mysql-prepare-db-dir[1398]: Database MariaDB is probably initialized in /var/lib/mysql already, nothing is done.
Jun 24 21:47:30 serverxyz mysql-prepare-db-dir[1398]: If this is not the case, make sure the /var/lib/mysql is empty before running mysql-prepare-db-dir.
Jun 24 21:47:31 serverxyz mysql-check-upgrade[1744]: The datadir located at /var/lib/mysql needs to be upgraded using 'mysql_upgrade' tool. This can be done using the following steps:
Jun 24 21:47:31 serverxyz mysql-check-upgrade[1744]: 1. Back-up your data before with 'mysql_upgrade'
Jun 24 21:47:31 serverxyz mysql-check-upgrade[1744]: 2. Start the database daemon using 'service mariadb start'
Jun 24 21:47:31 serverxyz mysql-check-upgrade[1744]: 3. Run 'mysql_upgrade' with a database user that has sufficient privileges
Jun 24 21:47:31 serverxyz mysql-check-upgrade[1744]: Read more about 'mysql_upgrade' usage at:
Jun 24 21:47:31 serverxyz mysql-check-upgrade[1744]: mysql_upgrade
Jun 24 21:47:31 serverxyz systemd[1]: Started MariaDB 10.3 database server.

After do the mysql_upgrade manually the system wrote nothing to do. The version is correct and all is fine. I can force a update but no need.
But the message appear. What can i do to disable the message.

What's the exact output when you run mysql_upgrade ?
Exactly like he said:

Code:
# mysql_upgrade -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`
This installation of MariaDB is already upgraded to 10.3.39-MariaDB.
There is no need to run mysql_upgrade again for 10.3.39-MariaDB.
You can use --force if you still want to run mysql_upgrade

If you --force it, it will run, but the message in the journal will still appear on mariadb start.

Best suggestion I have is open a support ticket to let our support team investigate the issue as we've not had any other reports about this issue yet. To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to https://support.plesk.com.

If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk

Hi,
We have the Plesk licence via Ionos. I don't know if they provide support for it. On the other hand, it almost makes no sense to spend money on Plesk support in this case, as it's really only cosmetic. The mysql server is running perfectly!
Greetings, Klaus

Back