• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Name Server doesn't work

JuanCar

Regular Pleskian
I'm trying to set my Plesk to manage DNS odf my domain. Thats what I did:
-In my registar,
I've set name servers to ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com, each other with its IP (mydomain's IP) .
I've set A register poitning to the same ip (mydomain's ip) ns1.maydomain.com A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Same for ns2
I've set ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com as NS register. (Mydomain.com NS ns1.mydomain.com). Same for ns2
-In plesk I set
Set a type A records For ns1 and ns2
Set a type NS for ns1 and nds2
Port 53 is opened.
Bind is active.
I wait a time. But host is not reachable.
Where is my mistake?
I think the fault is in Plesk because I've parked the domain in other server, I just changed name server for parking site, and after some hours the parking domain resolved my domain.
Any idea?
Thanks

Can you verify the TTL (Time To Live) of the domain on the commandline using this command?

$ dig domain.com -t A

and verify the nameservers with this command?

$ dig domain.com -t NS

If you prefer using an online DNS checker, this one is really handy:

I've executed digs commands but I got error (status: SERVFAIL).
This happens just when I use my own name server in my hosting
If I use external name server in a parking service, it's all OK. So I think the problem is in my server.

That looks fine.

So when you query the domain using an external nameserver, does the domain have (the correct) nameservers (NS records)?

Are there any named related errors in the /var/log/messages file on your server when you executed the dig command?

I was having the same issue with a Ubuntu 20.4 Server.

What is your output of,

# /opt/psa/admin/sbin/dnsmng –update adomainonyourplesk.tld

#service bind9 reload

Back