• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved named service stop randomly

Hello again!!

I haven't been able to configure it yet. :( My VNC console doesn't work and I'm waiting for an answer from IONOS to fix it, I didn't want to risk losing access to the server without the console working because is a production server, I hope they don't take too long to give me an answer.
As soon as they answer me, I will try the solution and I will return with you with the result. :)

Thank you very much for your message.

Regards!

Hello mate, my plesk installation was just upgraded to Plesk 18.0.46 Update 2 and the problem came back again o_O the file I had was changed to a new one with this information:

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)
# Generated by debian-installer.

# The loopback interface
auto lo eth0

iface eth0 inet6 manual
pre-up sleep 5
up dhclient -6 -nw -v eth0
post-up sleep 5; /sbin/ip -family inet6 route add default via fe80::1 dev eth0
pre-down /sbin/ip -family inet6 route del default via fe80::1 dev eth0
down dhclient -6 -r -v eth0
iface eth0:1 inet static
address 74.208.233.65
netmask 255.255.255.255
auto eth0:1
iface eth0:2 inet static
address 74.208.233.123
netmask 255.255.255.255
auto eth0:2
iface eth0:3 inet static
address 74.208.27.55
netmask 255.255.255.255
auto eth0:3

Of course the server was unable to reach.

I hope this info helps you to prevent this issue on your server.

Best Regards
Emmanuel Delgado

Hi, thank you. I just installed the update - fortunately everything still works after the update. Strange ...sometimes it happens - sometimes not...

Anyway - good that we found a solution and know how to fix it :)

Best regards
Sven Stienemann

I actually try it, but my Plesk license is linked to my servers provider because they gave it to me and in this way Plesk does not give support. :(

I have the same issue, server has been unreachable and logs say the issue come from the name service.

In the /etc/network I have not the file interfaces
1684315177068.png

Reading this topic I'm not sure the issue has been resolved.
I don't know what to do for fix the issue.

I tried to ask to the team a sort out about this issue.

Seems I'm not the only one that has this issue and this is happening also on more powerful server with 32 GB of RAM so is not a resource server issue.

Any suggestion to how I can create a script that check if named service stop to listening and restart the service will be appreciated, this can be the only automatism that save me.

I don't see any other fix currently.
I have external DNS at CloudFlare but seems if this service stop my email and web server stop to work as well.

Seems Ubuntu need a particular manual network configuration to avoid the dynamic IP even if the server has just one static IP.
More info can be found at my post here.

Back