• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Named service stop to work randomly

I gave it a try, but it doesn't work. Could this be a legacy function from a previous Plesk version?

@Peter Debik, can you ask the developers if this should work?
Developers checked it and provided proof that it does work:

Code:
[root@[redacted] ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/register_service --enable sw-cp-server

[root@[redacted] ~]# systemctl cat sw-cp-server | grep -i restart
Restart=always
RestartSec=7

[root@[redacted] ~]# grep -i restart /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini
Service.RestartSec = 7
Service.Restart = always

[root@[redacted] ~]# kill -9 18743

[root@[redacted] ~]# journalctl -u sw-cp-server | tail -n7
May 30 18:18:35 [redacted].[redacted].internal systemd[1]: sw-cp-server.service: main process exited, code=killed, status=9/KILL
May 30 18:18:35 [redacted].[redacted].internal systemd[1]: Unit sw-cp-server.service entered failed state.
May 30 18:18:35 [redacted].[redacted].internal systemd[1]: sw-cp-server.service failed.
May 30 18:18:42 [redacted].[redacted].internal systemd[1]: sw-cp-server.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
May 30 18:18:42 [redacted].[redacted].internal systemd[1]: Stopped Startup script for Plesk control panel server.
May 30 18:18:42 [redacted].[redacted].internal systemd[1]: Starting Startup script for Plesk control panel server...
May 30 18:18:42 [redacted].[redacted].internal systemd[1]: Started Startup script for Plesk control panel server.

Hi, I want inform you that I was able to activate a Plesk ticket subscription and I can say for now, the second day, about two issue reported I'm not resolving.
I will continue to try to investigate but currently... currently I dont see any solution.

It's a good news read developers checked and seems the crash function works.
I applied this and I hope this will avoid the strong downtime nextime.

I found also another topic and another user that are reporting issue with Plesk, Ubuntu and named service.

I use IONOS provider with Plesk and Ubuntu 22
With the Plesk team the issue seems to be related to the server IP that for the hosting provider they say are static but that in the Ubuntu config file they seems to be dynamic.

root@peopleinside:~# ip a | grep 82.XXX.77.57
inet 82.XXX.77.57/32 metric 100 scope global dynamic ens192

So the provider give to me an Ubuntu guide: Setting a Static IP in Ubuntu – Linux IP Address Tutorial

The Plesk team suggested to configure the IP as static but the provider is not helping me because this seems out of they support scope.
Following the guide I discovered that in /etc/netplan/00-Public_network.yaml I have the follow:

Code:
network:
  ethernets:
    ens192:
      dhcp4: true
      accept-ra: true
  version: 2

From what I understand this file is wrong and need to be edited to have a static IP or as the Plesk team said:
At some point, DHCP fails to renew its lease for some reason and due to that, services including SSH, Plesk-related services, etc. periodically becomes unreachable.

Now is not easy to me understand what I need insert in this configuration file.
I'm still working to understand how can I configure correctly this file then let's see if this will resolve the named service stop to listening.

I hope in the Plesk ticket I can have the right info.
Now I understand why some other user can have the same issue I'm experiencing.

The provider gives a VPS with Plesk and Ubuntu installed but, even if the server IP is static, Ubuntu seems need some manual SSH or FTPS configurations on this network file to not loose the network so avoid downtimes.

Back