• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Need additional SFTP Accounts

Trosten

New Pleskian
Hallo,

i need additional SFTP Accounts to recieve some secure files from our connected companys and i don't want to open FTP incl. a lot of passive ports

The chroot Folder is into the Domain environment /var/www/vhost/<Domain>/<Folder>
I have found some solutions but nothings works correctly

The last i try was these:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/chrootmng --create --source=/var/www/vhosts/chroot/ --target=/var/www/vhosts/<domain>/<Folder> --setup-user=<2nd Web User>

but that opens a whole access to root /

in the /etc/passwd i have this:
<2nd Web User>:x:10001:1003::/var/www/vhosts/<Domain>/<Folder>:/opt/psa/bin/chrootsh

and in /var/www/vhosts/<Domain>/etc/passwd
<2nd Web User>:x:10001:1003::/var/www/vhosts/<Domain>/<Folder>:/bin/bash

Have someone a complete solution to create new User for SFTP with a chrooted Folder?

My logfiles from /var/log/auth.log
Nov 29 15:29:16 server sshd[27154]: Accepted password for <2nd Web User> from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 52725 ssh2
Nov 29 15:29:16 server sshd[27154]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user test1 by (uid=0)
Nov 29 15:29:16 server sshd[27154]: pam_env(sshd:session): Unable to open env file: /etc/default/locale: No such file or directory
Nov 29 15:29:16 server plesk-chrootsh[27167]: user with id=10001 and name=<2nd Web User> not found in chrooted passwd file
Nov 29 15:29:16 server sshd[27154]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user <2nd Web User>

but which chroot passwd file is the right one?

Last edited:
Back