• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Need help with Slave DNS server and/or Slave DNS Manager!

Hello guys!
I'm new in this linux and network things, so i'm stuck on this problem.

I hired two droplets in DigitalOcean to test if I could configure Plesk to provide hosting for my clients. I used a droplet as the master server with Plesk installed and another droplet with a Debian configured to slave, also using the Slave DNS Manager extension. On DigitalOcean servers, I got set up with no problems!

But now I want to really put the service up and running and it sought a server that would best serve my needs. I find and hired a BladeVPS X4 with TransIP. This VPS comes with CentOS 6.5 pre-installed with an unlimited license of Plesk 12.

I decided to keep the slave DNS server as a Droplet (fresh installation) in DigitalOcean by cost issues, using again THIS TUTORIAL (or THIS way too). Until here, all good.

But now when I try to connect to the slave server by the Slave DNS Manager extension (TransIP BlaVPS X4 [Plesk] to DigitalOcean Droplet [Slave]), end up with this error message:

Code:
Error code 1: rndc: connection to remote host closed
This may indicate that
* the remote server is using an older version of the command protocol,
* this host is not authorized to connect,
* the clocks are not synchronized, or
* the key is invalid.

I set the clock of the two servers to UTC, but the problem persists.

I'll really appreciate any help, tutorial, link. I just want to see things running!
Thank you so much.

PS: Sorry my english!

Back