• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Need help with Slave DNS server and/or Slave DNS Manager!

Hello guys!
I'm new in this linux and network things, so i'm stuck on this problem.

I hired two droplets in DigitalOcean to test if I could configure Plesk to provide hosting for my clients. I used a droplet as the master server with Plesk installed and another droplet with a Debian configured to slave, also using the Slave DNS Manager extension. On DigitalOcean servers, I got set up with no problems!

But now I want to really put the service up and running and it sought a server that would best serve my needs. I find and hired a BladeVPS X4 with TransIP. This VPS comes with CentOS 6.5 pre-installed with an unlimited license of Plesk 12.

I decided to keep the slave DNS server as a Droplet (fresh installation) in DigitalOcean by cost issues, using again THIS TUTORIAL (or THIS way too). Until here, all good.

But now when I try to connect to the slave server by the Slave DNS Manager extension (TransIP BlaVPS X4 [Plesk] to DigitalOcean Droplet [Slave]), end up with this error message:

Code:
Error code 1: rndc: connection to remote host closed
This may indicate that
* the remote server is using an older version of the command protocol,
* this host is not authorized to connect,
* the clocks are not synchronized, or
* the key is invalid.

I set the clock of the two servers to UTC, but the problem persists.

I'll really appreciate any help, tutorial, link. I just want to see things running!
Thank you so much.

PS: Sorry my english!

Back