• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

hardbrasil

Regular Pleskian
Hi fellas,
i already installed ssl on domain, everything is ok when i use main IP of server (share IP)

when i set a fix IP to the domain, website go offline, and by chrome i got this

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

and by firefox i got default plesk page

Hi hardbrasil,

you might have set "redirect to HTTPS" and still got the SELFSIGNED Plesk - certificate as the default SSL - certificate. Pls. change the certificate to a real one, or switch off SSL - usage for that domain. ;)

hi,
actually no. i mean i am using a real ssl (purchased one). the issue start when i set a FIX IP.
if i continue using shared IP of server ssl works>

i tried to disable https redirect, still the same.

Hi hardbrasil,

in this case, you have to step out of your anonymity and provide the depending FQDN, for further investigations. It could as well help to post your webserver - configuration files and pls. don't miss the one from the "default" domain on your server, which is available at your standart apache and nginx installation path. ;) Apart from all, you already know, that log - files are the best for investigations, as you are a long-term member of this forum. :p

there is no issue with domain logs, even on webserver level.
my fdqn is admin.next4.net.br -> 158.69.97.192

Hi hardbrasil,

you might be informed, that with STANDART APACHE - installation, there are "../sites-available" and "../sites-enabled" ( where configuration files in "sites-enabled" are symlinks from "sites-available" ) for apache directing to "/var/www/html" as documentroot. Are they existent on your server? Because calling the site "http://admin.next4.net.br/" directs to the files from your standart APACHE - WEBSERVER - installation on your server... not to any Plesk page. Plesk doesn't generate configuration files for "/var/www/html" :p
Calling "https://admin.next4.net.br/" directs as well to the very same Test - pages, with your Let's Encrypt certificate from your vhost "admin.next4.net.br".

there is no issue with domain logs, even on webserver level.
This statement doesn't match your initial post in this thread:
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
If you get an SSL - error with your browser, you will see this in your logs as well! ;)

Back