• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Network Settings For Plesk Inside CentOS in VirtualBox To Be used as a Webserver

apache123456

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I am trying to setup network settings for Plesk Onyx in CentOS so that I can use this VM as my VPS Hosting. I am using a OVH dedicated server, having a failover IP which I will be using with plesk as its static IP address. I have done everything, inside VM internet works all ok but if i open the plesk IP outside VM it does not. I have used NAT, Bridged, Host only all settings but no luck yet. I have searched entire net as I could but no luck yet.

I have to move my dedicated server of plesk to this VM asap. So any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

I am trying to setup network settings for Plesk Onyx in CentOS so that I can use this VM as my VPS Hosting. I am using a OVH dedicated server, having a failover IP which I will be using with plesk as its static IP address. I have done everything, inside VM internet works all ok but if i open the plesk IP outside VM it does not. I have used NAT, Bridged, Host only all settings but no luck yet. I have searched entire net as I could but no luck yet.

I have to move my dedicated server of plesk to this VM asap. So any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hello @apache123456 ,
if you want to split your server into several VM , Virtualbox and other desktop software are not really the best solution. Because network settings are particular with OVH .

The easiest solution is to use Proxmox VE or VMware ESXI (templates are available directly from your OVH manager to setup them). It will provide you a web interface to manage your virtual servers, and there are several tutorials to learn how to configure IP-failovers with OVH.

Yes I did saw some articles on them and I know about them. Thing is use this server for some of my projects but not that much but still I have a lot of data saved on first drive. What I want is ue 2nd 2 TB HDD for whole Plesk. I was able to login to plesk out of virtualbox using Host Only adapter but my failover IP setting was not working as per OVH guide. I will install it again as I didn't make the backup of network files and use the virtualbox settings.

My server is 16 GB RAM , Xeon E5-1620v2 . This is enough for my requirements. That is why I'm trying this solution.
There is Hyper-V too in windows server 2012 but I have never tried installing VMs there. On 16th I renew my servers and that's the deadline for me to transfer my plesk to a VM.

Yes I did saw some articles on them and I know about them. Thing is use this server for some of my projects but not that much but still I have a lot of data saved on first drive. What I want is ue 2nd 2 TB HDD for whole Plesk. I was able to login to plesk out of virtualbox using Host Only adapter but my failover IP setting was not working as per OVH guide. I will install it again as I didn't make the backup of network files and use the virtualbox settings.

My server is 16 GB RAM , Xeon E5-1620v2 . This is enough for my requirements. That is why I'm trying this solution.
There is Hyper-V too in windows server 2012 but I have never tried installing VMs there. On 16th I renew my servers and that's the deadline for me to transfer my plesk to a VM.

If you don't need a lot of storage for your Plesk instance, a VPS SSD from OVH will probably be a better idea, than running it with VirtualBox on a server with classic hard drives, because performance s will not be very good without SSD storage.

I don't need a VPS , like I said I want a VPS of my own. Well I was able to do that but I had to do port forwarding so i ditched this idea.

Back