• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Network Settings For Plesk Inside CentOS in VirtualBox To Be used as a Webserver

apache123456

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I am trying to setup network settings for Plesk Onyx in CentOS so that I can use this VM as my VPS Hosting. I am using a OVH dedicated server, having a failover IP which I will be using with plesk as its static IP address. I have done everything, inside VM internet works all ok but if i open the plesk IP outside VM it does not. I have used NAT, Bridged, Host only all settings but no luck yet. I have searched entire net as I could but no luck yet.

I have to move my dedicated server of plesk to this VM asap. So any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

I am trying to setup network settings for Plesk Onyx in CentOS so that I can use this VM as my VPS Hosting. I am using a OVH dedicated server, having a failover IP which I will be using with plesk as its static IP address. I have done everything, inside VM internet works all ok but if i open the plesk IP outside VM it does not. I have used NAT, Bridged, Host only all settings but no luck yet. I have searched entire net as I could but no luck yet.

I have to move my dedicated server of plesk to this VM asap. So any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hello @apache123456 ,
if you want to split your server into several VM , Virtualbox and other desktop software are not really the best solution. Because network settings are particular with OVH .

The easiest solution is to use Proxmox VE or VMware ESXI (templates are available directly from your OVH manager to setup them). It will provide you a web interface to manage your virtual servers, and there are several tutorials to learn how to configure IP-failovers with OVH.

Yes I did saw some articles on them and I know about them. Thing is use this server for some of my projects but not that much but still I have a lot of data saved on first drive. What I want is ue 2nd 2 TB HDD for whole Plesk. I was able to login to plesk out of virtualbox using Host Only adapter but my failover IP setting was not working as per OVH guide. I will install it again as I didn't make the backup of network files and use the virtualbox settings.

My server is 16 GB RAM , Xeon E5-1620v2 . This is enough for my requirements. That is why I'm trying this solution.
There is Hyper-V too in windows server 2012 but I have never tried installing VMs there. On 16th I renew my servers and that's the deadline for me to transfer my plesk to a VM.

Yes I did saw some articles on them and I know about them. Thing is use this server for some of my projects but not that much but still I have a lot of data saved on first drive. What I want is ue 2nd 2 TB HDD for whole Plesk. I was able to login to plesk out of virtualbox using Host Only adapter but my failover IP setting was not working as per OVH guide. I will install it again as I didn't make the backup of network files and use the virtualbox settings.

My server is 16 GB RAM , Xeon E5-1620v2 . This is enough for my requirements. That is why I'm trying this solution.
There is Hyper-V too in windows server 2012 but I have never tried installing VMs there. On 16th I renew my servers and that's the deadline for me to transfer my plesk to a VM.

If you don't need a lot of storage for your Plesk instance, a VPS SSD from OVH will probably be a better idea, than running it with VirtualBox on a server with classic hard drives, because performance s will not be very good without SSD storage.

I don't need a VPS , like I said I want a VPS of my own. Well I was able to do that but I had to do port forwarding so i ditched this idea.

Back