• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due errors in configuration templates: nginx

nikketrikke

Basic Pleskian
I get this error in

Websites & Domains​

New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: nginx: [emerg] open() "/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com.conf" failed (2: No such file or directory) in /etc/nginx/conf.d/zz010_psa_nginx.conf:7 nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed . Detailed error descriptions were sent to you by email. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files. See the details in Configuration Troubleshooter

I'm using Litespeed server so not NGINX probably this problem occured when i swtich to apache and nginx to test and return back to litespeed...
possible?
thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 12
Do you still have a Domain (Subdomain) in your Plesk system named testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com or was that subdomain deleted before?

If and only if you have deleted the domain, your Nginx configuration directory contains a symbolic link that is pointint to a non-existent physical file. For that reason you are seeing the error message. For unknown reason that symbolic link was not removed. If and only if you have deleted the domain, you can safely remove that symbolic link, e.g.
# rm /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com.conf
Then run
# nginx -t
to verify that the syntax error has been resolved (maybe there are more errors ...).
Afterwards, go into web server configurations troubleshooter and Rebuild>Broken to remove the error message.
I'd also run a
# plesk repair db -y
afterwards, to ensure that the psa database is consistent (again).

Hello i followed you instructions gives me 1 error... and repaired in DB but if i go to the

Websites & Domains​

the error is still there... at this time nginx is not active not know if it the problem?

New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: nginx: [emerg] open() "/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com.conf" failed (2: No such file or directory) in /etc/nginx/conf.d/zz010_psa_nginx.conf:7 nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed . Detailed error descriptions were sent to you by email. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files. See the details in Configuration Troubleshooter

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Is the error message still exactly the same?

What is the output of

# ll /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com.conf

?

ls: cannot access '/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com.conf': No such file or directory

the message i take in website and domain is the same

nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful

Please go to Tools & Settings > Webserver Configurations Troubleshooter
click
"Rebuild" > "Broken"

What is the result?

It is a strange behavior, because Plesk claims that the zz010_psa_nginx.conf file contains a wrong entry, but this file only includes the configuration files from other directories. Apparently, as "nginx -t" does not show any syntax errors, I wonder why Plesk claims that the etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com.conf file is missing, because there is no reference to that file in zz010_psa_nginx.conf and the subdirectories.

I think that I once saw a similar issue where the reference was not actually in vhosts, but in forwarding, wildcards or webmails directories. So just to be sure I'd like to check that, too.

We need to look into some more files.

What is the output of
# less /etc/nginx/conf.d/zz010_psa_nginx.conf
?

Then please also show the output of these commands:
# ll /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/webmails/testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com.conf
# ll /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com.conf
# ll /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/forwarding/testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com.conf
# ll /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/wildcards/testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com.conf

If you have "locate" installed, please run
# updatedb
and then
# locate testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com.conf
and also give the output here. If you don't have a locate command, omit this step, never mind.

Then I also ask to show me all error entries from the Webserver Configurations Troubleshooter. You can select all error entries like this:
plesk01.jpg

O.k., just after my last post, the info on the custom template came in. What is the reason for the existance of that custom template? What is the change in that? If you do not need a customization of the web server configuration, can you remove the custom templates and use the Plesk original templates to create webserver configuration files?

less /etc/nginx/conf.d/zz010_psa_nginx.conf
ouptput this..
#ATTENTION!#ATTENTION!
#
#DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
#SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.
include /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/server.conf;
include /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/webmails/*.conf;
include /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/*.conf;
include /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/forwarding/*.conf;
include /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/wildcards/*.conf;

here all the output of your commands...
I'm using Litespeed Server... perhaps this the problem? apache seems started
but Ngnix are deactivated ?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_6.jpg
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 4
Please redo
# locate testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com.conf
The command as shown in the screenshot was not executed correctly.

i did this
locate testvultr1cc.nicolameyer.com.conf
but nothing happened.... not list of nothing
and becomes the root..# line waiting new command

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1
That's fine. I was expecting that the file does not exist. It is the correct expected behavior when the subdomain was deleted.

Now for the last missing step, to see all the error entries in webserver configurations troubleshooter?

So these are all the domains that exist on the server?

What about your custom webserver configuration templates? Why are they custom and what exactly is the customization in these templates? Have you considered to revert to the default Plesk webserver configuration templates?

Do you actually want to use Nginx or is disabling Nginx an option for you?

i'm using litespeed that not need nginx so it is not active now and i not need
i presume that using litespeed nginx is in conflict and must be deactivated..
i not know why i use custom templates
where i can find it? the template
how to try to reverse the template?

Back