• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved New Email Error, was working fine before.

H.K

New Pleskian
Hi

im getting error

status=deferred (host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 451 4.5.0 Error in processing, id=02865-02, check_init2 FAILED: /etc/resolv.conf: No such file or directory at /usr/sbin/amavisd line 18272

Recently

resolv.conf is listed as

resolv.conf -> /run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf

Is this something to do with my host (VPS OVH). It started happening since a kernal update to Centos 8

How can i fix this so i can use amavisd via plesk email seurity plugin ? This error seems to stop all inbound and outbound mail via dovecot and postfix

thanks

this seems to have fixed since kernal update seems resolv.conf had some kind of permission issue. Still dont quite it. But its worting now.

Problem

Ls -al in etc directory

resolv.conf -> /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf (is red)

Seems to happen every reboot. Solution

1. Edit the file in /etc/systemd/resolved.conf as sudoer. Here I've commented out the DNS entry and placed my dns [Resolve] DNS=10.96.0.10 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
  2. cancel the actual symlink to /etc/resolv.conf
  3. create a new symlink sudo ln -s /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf
  4. reboot.
Fixed.

Not sure why its happening on CentOS 8. But looks like will be forced to Debian or Ubuntu due to Redhat but posted to help others.

Back