1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Question New EU rule GDPR

Discussion in 'Plesk Suggestions and Feedback' started by Jonas N, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Jonas N

Jonas N Basic Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

90%
    Hi all.

In sweden we are talking a lot about the new data protection law - Complementary provisions to the EU Data Protection Regulation SOU 2017 39.

Is this something that Plesk has in mind now ?
    What are your feedback regarding this ? And how are all other web hosting company`s taking this ?
    Please share your thoughts!!!

N8 Solutions likes this.
  2. UFHH01

UFHH01 Plesk addicted!

64%
    Hi Jonas N,

if you could reference an english translation ( I could only find a swedish "SOU 2017 39" ), or reference the actual EU law with a link from Brussels, you might reach far more people for a potential discussion. ;)

3. Jonas N

90%
    Hi UFHH01 !

Sorry my bad,
    Home Page of EU GDPR

This new eu law will effect all eu countries and outside eu also. A company that handels personal information regarding customers most have a plan how the handle this information even if you do not "own" the system or if the system i placed on Kina, You as the service supplier have to know what to do.

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    We aware of this law and at the moment it is under our consideration. That's all that I can say.

N8 Solutions likes this.
  5. Jonas N

90%
    Thx for the reply.
    I hope that Plesk will give out some more feedback regarding this topic.
    This will be something that all company`s needs to look in to that have EU customer,

B_P likes this.