• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New forum style.

IgorG

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Certified Professional
As you can notice, we changed the style of the forum in accordance with the new corporate standard.
Style adjustments will be made for some time. Please be patient.
Additionally, you can now view information about the user by hovering the mouse:

EHbF8VWSoN.gif

In the near future, there will be new additions and changes. Stay tuned! :)

Can you ad a "login" link ?
I searched and search for like 10 minutes to try to log in and could not find a Login Link. then out of Frustration.... i clicked "sign up" thinking i will have to create a new account again. And surprise, surprise, there is says to "login" Can you please change the wording for others now know. Having to click something that says "Sign UP" in order to log IN when you already have an account is counter intuitive.
thanks !

I really don't understand the problem with Login. Why is this big button not visible?

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 10.01.39.png

Why you can't click on this link in each thread if you not logged in?

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 10.01.57.png

Igor,

Two things:

a) "Sign up now" is not equivalent to "Login": signing up means "registering", not logging in for something that one already is registered for

b) the human eye is trained to see specific things: in the current situation, one focuses on

- the central text and search box
- when not logged in yet (!), one can be distracted by cookie notifications (hiding the "sign up button" in some cases)
- the "blue sign up button" (when not blocked by notifications) is relatively "invisible" due to size and color scheme

and it is probably better to place the login form in a centered fashion OR in the row with "Forum Members Badges" (just place the login button on the right of this row).

In summary, it is a matter of text ("Login" instead of "Sign up") and a matter of place of the login form (keep the central focus and replace the login form to be more visible).

Note that there is actually value in using both a separate "Login button" and a "Sign up button": it can provide incentives to register, if one is new on the forum.

Hence, as an alternative, one can place two buttons below the search form, to make optimal use of the value of two buttons.

Naturally, these are mere suggestions.

Regards......

Thanks for updating that.

One more change i would suggest is to move that cookie notification. I do not click on things unless it serves a purpose. i don't care about a notification like that, i know what cookies are.. As you can see from the attached screen shot, that notification covers up the "Login / sign up" button entirely. On our computers because we lock them down (using Steady State/ Deep Freeze and Reboot Restore) That pop up appears every single time we visit the website.

Just because something is in the way, does not mean i will click on it., Often what it means is i will ignore it and just consider that it is bad design. First time users to the website, or users that have not been here in a long time will not know that something important is hidden under this bad design pop up and not be able to log in. That is what happened to me. I have not logged in in maybe months, I searched and searched and could not find the login. got frustrated and started clicking on random **** on the screen.. Then clicked on that "i agree" notification even though i do not necessarily agree or care, I just wanted it out of the way. After i reached a point of frustration and random clicking, then the "sign up" button appeared. That is not the way something should work.

Attachments

• plesk.png
    plesk.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi Curtis1,

at countries of the EU, there is a so called "Cookie-Law". Pls. read for example: => Cookies - European commission
Website - operators in the EU are forced by law to implement informations and agreement - demands for all visitors.

AAhhhh.. Thanks !
Was not aware of that. That explains a lot now why i am hitting so many websites that do somewhat the same thing.

Maybe you can add a little to that box that says "close to log in" or something, so people know there are options and navigation stuff under the box.

Hi Curtis1,

Maybe you can add a little to that box that says "close to log in" or something, so people know there are options and navigation stuff under the box.
You seem to miss the basics here, Curtis. A visitor should not click on "agree", to free the view to a login/signup - button, the visitor has to agree to the cookie - usage here, or should leave the site. ;)

Back