• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

new skin is ugly, inconsistent and unclear

S

stiller

The new Vista skin, set as default in Plesk 9 has to be one of the worst designs I have ever seen.
I will not go into too much detail here, as I think most people would agree. The original Vista design wasn't very good to begin with.

I always thought the reason to choose a Windows-like appearance would be to minimise the learning curve for end-users, the majority of which would be MS Windows users. But considering nobody upgraded to Vista in the first place, what would move Parallels to follow this terrible design?

A new major release would have been a perfect time to upgrade to some nice, snappy Ajax widget set, like Dojo or Ext, which would greatly enhance the user experience. Instead, we are still stuck with some "watch this little clock as we refresh the whole page" interface.

Please Parallels, update your panel to reflect 21st century webdesign!

I agree with you on this.... The "new" interface has really screwed the pooch! I have reverted back to the old "reloaded" interface for readbility and would have liked the hidden menus (those things that look like pane titles are menus!) put back to where they were in 8.6. Making a change to the interface is a good idea only when your designers actually understand human interface design. Perhaps if they were to read Apple's HIG book then they may be able to design an interface that may work.

Yes, interestingly, the Parallels Desktop product has always been a pretty well-integrated Mac application, so they must have some knowledge on the subject. But their web-based apps seem to rely mostly on the "it's there, if you know where to look for it" system of interface design.

Pulled a Vista

I've looked at Plesk 9 and I while it looks slick I think Plesk pulled a Vista.

The basically "upgraded" the interface for the sake of upgrading. The new interface is cluttered and I find it more difficult to find things. I realize this may be in part related to familiarity but I do believe the new interface is more cluttered and there's definitely a Windows/Vista bias in Plesk's implementation these days.

Why are there so many more features in Plesk for Windows and the Linux version. No spam stats in Plesk/Linux, no ability to switch from php4 to php5 and how about a reconfigurator for Linux?

My Linux server is in more demand than Windows.

it's a really hideous control panel now. I'm afraid if I upgrade my customers will leave me!

It's not the skin as such, more the layout. Nothing makes sense.

Completely agree - I cant find anything, the interface templates no longer work, I cant hide anything, and the color scheme is pretty ugly. the new graphics are the only thing I can give a thumbs up on, and thats a small thing

Back