• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New too plesk memory usage issues

sparker366

New Pleskian
I first of would like to say I am a novice when it comes to vps's and control panels. I am not a big nuts and bolts kinda guy so please be kind and bear with me as I learn.

I have an issue with memory usage. I pegged memory out today at 95% usage and plesk wouldn't respond. I had to reboot my server. Since the reboot which was at about 7am this morning central time my memory usage has been at 61%. Plesk is installed with the default settings nothing extra going on. I don't know what to look for that is causing this issue. Is there a way to have plesk notify me of a high memory usage so I can reboot my server?

I really like this control panel. Easy to understand and navigate. I had interworx before this one and that would constantly be at 90% memory usage. I did a fresh install of cent os 5 when I installed plesk. I am just looking to keep the memory usage at an even state and not have to be forced to reboot. The server is just for personal use nothing critical on it at all.

I may be over reacting with the memory issue so please accept my apologies if I am.

Last edited:
Is it Virtuozzo VPS? Looks like lack or resources from Virtuozzo side. As far as I remember there was special config template for creation VPSes for Plesk server.

Re

Its a SolusVM Control panel with OpenVZ virtualization.

This is all I know.

I did upgrade my plan with them to 1gb of memory and since doing that my memory hasn't gone over 52% utilization.

So I will keep monitoring it but I have a feeling that upping the memory of my vps may have fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Back