• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Newbie Question - installing mod_* apache / plesk

R

Raydr

Guest
I'm very new to FreeBSD/Linux type systems.

I'm running FreeBSD with the latest version of Plesk 7.5.3.

I need to install mod_layout.

Here's what I've done:
# whereis mod_layout
/usr/ports/www/mod_layout

I went into that directory and did a "make". I got errors about apache not being in <i can't remember>. So, I downloaded the apache .g z to that particular folder, and did another "make", which appeared to actually do a new apache install. I then did a "make install", and it completed successfully.

However, I have a feeling it did not do anything to my plesk apache install.

So, in newbie terms (maybe command by command), can someone give me the steps to install a mod to apache under plesk?

Note: I want to use mod_layout to add a banner to all pages on ONE domain only, not all throughout my server.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
 
Which version of mod_layout did you install?

mod_layout 4.0.1a (Apache 2.0) ?
 
Back
Top