• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

NGASI and Plesk for JAVA hosting

K

kjacaz

Hi all,

I have some advanced java hosting requirements. I have heard the tool to use for
Private JVM java hosting is NGASI AppServer Manager. And that it integrates with Plesk.
Has anyone else had experience with using NGASI together with Plesk? I would appreciate
if you can share your experience. In the meantime I will test the trial version on a test machine
to see for myself.

Thanks alot.

Hello Kj, I think someone else on this forum had suggested them to me. I have tried them
since and am happy with the software. It does integrates easily as advertised. In fact I never
needed to do any tweaking to Plesk or virtuozzo. And now in addition to Tomcat, I am able to
support other java application servers like JBoss, Glassfish, and more.

Good luck. Still a good idea to test first on a test machine. Let us know how it goes.

From your experience with NGASI, do you need to be an experienced
Tomcat admin to use it for
managing Java applications?

Thanks in advance

I come from a Perl background with very little JAVA experience, and I have to say getting up to speed with NGASI was pretty
straight forward. Not to mention the wonderful support.

Back