• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue nginx + apache + plesk = wrong REMOTE_HOST value

Kitty

New Pleskian
Hi there,

Im running the latest plesk onyx (web admin) on apache2 + nginx on an Ubuntu 16.04 vps.

My issue is that after enabling HostnameLookups in apache2.conf, the REMOTE_HOST value contains the domain name of the website, not the hostname based on the user's IP.

This value is only wrong when I access the server via nginx (port 80), if I connect directly to apache via port 7080 it's correct.

Is this a plesk issue or apache?

Ah yes I've tried the rpaf module. It actually makes "REMOTE_HOST" correct, but it then unfortunately breaks the "REMOTE_ADDR" values (becomes the server public IP).

The remoteip module is running on the server, which supposedly superceded rpaf a few years ago. I believe this module (remoteip) is the reason why the REMOTE_ADDR contains the correct client IP address, but fails with REMOTE_HOST.

Back