• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Nginx default configuration for using only nginx

Servus

Basic Pleskian
hi members,
along many days I'm looking for a basic configuration which fits the newest plesk onyx, php1.8 fpm handler, and ubuntu 16.
There is no nginx configuration advice for using nginx alone with plesk in the whole world.
Nowhere in internet you find how to use domains properly without apache
You find nginx configs, but then without plesk. Or with plesk then it's again with apache. Or you find good tutorials, but then they are for special environments for example for wordpress, (own)clouds, whatever.
Another problem is that we all are overwhelmed by bad, bad informations in internet. Two many wanna be's cooks destroy the meal. They make good help pages but the inner important message is wrong.

To show you what I mean:
1. Do I need this custom templates for vhosts and or server. If yes, then how with which content? Only in the simplest. I would never think that a real expert will change his knowledge, only the fundamentals would be a fullfilled dream for me.
2. Some configuration helpings say you have to delete several static file extensions from "serve static files by nginx" in domain configuration. Is it also really necessary for only nginx or not?
3. Or the configuration for leverage caching cache control + expire is on one hand for older plesk releases, or again and again for apache with ninx as reverse, or without plesk at all.
Simplest of simple examples. If I use the nginx config of this no etag is set.
4. Another big question: the :? in front of extensions. Used by some plesk users but not by all.

Having a basic help to configure server block in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf and additional nginx settings for each domain, and if there have to be customized templates, how should they configured in basics.

best regards

Back