• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

NGINX / FPM basic DDOS protection

VinnyT

Regular Pleskian
I am trying to integrate basic DDOS protection through the NGINX rules. I am using the following two URLs

These are example settings from this blog post: http://www.codestance.com/tutorials-archive/nginx-tuning-for-best-performance-255

------------------------------------------------------------------

# if the request body size is more than the buffer size, then the entire (or partial) request body is written into a temporary file
client_body_buffer_size 128k;

# headerbuffer size for the request header from client, its set for testing purpose
client_header_buffer_size 3m;

# maximum number and size of buffers for large headers to read from client request
large_client_header_buffers 4 256k;

# read timeout for the request body from client, its set for testing purpose
client_body_timeout 3m;

# how long to wait for the client to send a request header, its set for testing purpose
client_header_timeout 3m;

-------------------------------------------------------

Based on how Plesk works with VHOSTS and NGINX conf files, I am not sure where to put these settings. Should i modify the nginx vhost template at
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domain/nginxDomainVirtualHost.php ?

Thanks

Back