• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No Available Webmail Clients After Upgrade

S

Sam S

Hello,

We recently upgraded from an ancient version (8.1 I think) to 9.2.1. Everything went remarkably smoothly, except that we no longer have any webmail options. Going to Home -> Mail Server Settings and looking under "Webmail" shows "Available webmail clients" as being "None."

If I check the components page, it shows psa-imp and psa-horde as being installed, but I'm not sure if there's another component we need that might not be there?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

- Sam

enable the webmail services

Hi Sam,

1. Login into the control panel as admin.
2. In the left menu click on "Settings".
3. A little bit down at "Mail" you find "Mail Server Settings". Click on it.
4. At "Webmail" you have to check one or both webmailers "Horde 4.1.6" and / or "AtMail 5.3".
5. Now scroll down and click on "OK".

That's it.

Now you can activate a webmailer under the domain you like.

Geetings,

TRANCEY

Tried that

TRANCEMANIAC, thanks for the answer, but unfortunately, I tried that, and NO webmail clients were shown. However, I've just gotten a big farther along.

I uninstalled the psa-horde and psa-imp packages, then went to Plesk's upgrade page and reinstalled that way. This reported an error installing the kronolith database, but otherwise appeared to work. Now I've got Horde listed as a possible webmail option.

However, I still can't hit the webmail... subdomain for anything, and when I try to log into a webmail account directly from Plesk I get "DB Error: connect failed". I've followed the instructions here, and while everything looks perfect as far as that KB article goes, still no dice :(

Time to do some more searching on this new issue ...

Im having the same problem. psa-horde pakages are installde. Also autoinstallers shows this to me. But i cant deselect horde. Any hints?

Which OS? Local connect? Is mysql listening?

Hi,

hmmm...

When the hint of Paralles not working, i ask which OS do you run?
Maybe there is a general problem with the interpretation of the OS.

At first i would try to set a complete new password for the admin.

Can you connect local to the database?
On my system (Ubuntu) the user for the database is
"admin" and the password is "the same password" as the plesk panel need.
Code:
 mysql -u admin -p
"DB Error: connect failed" could have more reasons.

- There is a general problem with the mysql-db?
- Is the mysql-port free for connections, or is there a nother application that tries to use the mysql-port?
- Do you have installed a firewall on your system and the firewall is blocking?

Please try this to check mysql-connectivity:
Code:
netstat -an | grep 'mysql'
Output should be something links this:
Code:
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     11665    /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
Check twice with the direct port
Code:
netstat -an | grep '3306'
Output should be something links this:
Code:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3306            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

You can try:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webmailmng --install --name=horde

It should work.

Fixed Horde

We finally found a solution to our particular flavor of the problem, which was to uninstall the psa-horde packages manually, then to let Plesk install them again from within the web-based control panel.

Once this was done, we had a problem with Horde looking in the wrong place for it's MySQL password, but finally figure that one out too.

Both issues are described in more detail here (along with a few other things we encountered when upgrading RHEL4's versions of PHP and MySQL to non-prehistoric versions):

http://www.nurelm.com/themanual/2009/07/24/upgrading-php-and-mysql-on-red-hat-enterprise-linux-4/

Back