1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

No Available Webmail Clients After Upgrade

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Sam S, Jul 23, 2009.

  1. Sam S

    Sam S Guest

    0
     
    Hello,

    We recently upgraded from an ancient version (8.1 I think) to 9.2.1. Everything went remarkably smoothly, except that we no longer have any webmail options. Going to Home -> Mail Server Settings and looking under "Webmail" shows "Available webmail clients" as being "None."

    If I check the components page, it shows psa-imp and psa-horde as being installed, but I'm not sure if there's another component we need that might not be there?

    Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

    - Sam
     
  2. TRANCEMANIAC

    TRANCEMANIAC Guest

    0
     
    enable the webmail services

    Hi Sam,

    1. Login into the control panel as admin.
    2. In the left menu click on "Settings".
    3. A little bit down at "Mail" you find "Mail Server Settings". Click on it.
    4. At "Webmail" you have to check one or both webmailers "Horde 4.1.6" and / or "AtMail 5.3".
    5. Now scroll down and click on "OK".

    That's it.

    Now you can activate a webmailer under the domain you like.


    Geetings,

    TRANCEY
     
  3. Sam S

    Sam S Guest

    0
     
    Tried that

    TRANCEMANIAC, thanks for the answer, but unfortunately, I tried that, and NO webmail clients were shown. However, I've just gotten a big farther along.

    I uninstalled the psa-horde and psa-imp packages, then went to Plesk's upgrade page and reinstalled that way. This reported an error installing the kronolith database, but otherwise appeared to work. Now I've got Horde listed as a possible webmail option.

    However, I still can't hit the webmail... subdomain for anything, and when I try to log into a webmail account directly from Plesk I get "DB Error: connect failed". I've followed the instructions here, and while everything looks perfect as far as that KB article goes, still no dice :(

    Time to do some more searching on this new issue ...

    ____________________________
    www.nurelm.com/themanual
     
  4. SebastianV

    SebastianV Guest

    0
     
    Im having the same problem. psa-horde pakages are installde. Also autoinstallers shows this to me. But i cant deselect horde. Any hints?
     
  5. TRANCEMANIAC

    TRANCEMANIAC Guest

    0
     
    Which OS? Local connect? Is mysql listening?

    Hi,

    hmmm...

    When the hint of Paralles not working, i ask which OS do you run?
    Maybe there is a general problem with the interpretation of the OS.

    At first i would try to set a complete new password for the admin.

    Can you connect local to the database?
    On my system (Ubuntu) the user for the database is
    "admin" and the password is "the same password" as the plesk panel need.
    Code:
     mysql -u admin -p
    "DB Error: connect failed" could have more reasons.

    - There is a general problem with the mysql-db?
    - Is the mysql-port free for connections, or is there a nother application that tries to use the mysql-port?
    - Do you have installed a firewall on your system and the firewall is blocking?

    Please try this to check mysql-connectivity:
    Code:
    netstat -an | grep 'mysql'
    Output should be something links this:
    Code:
    unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     11665    /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
    Check twice with the direct port
    Code:
    netstat -an | grep '3306'
    Output should be something links this:
    Code:
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3306            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
     
  6. Maa

    Maa Guest

    0
     
    You can try:
    # /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webmailmng --install --name=horde

    It should work.
     
  7. Sam S

    Sam S Guest

    0
     
    Fixed Horde

    We finally found a solution to our particular flavor of the problem, which was to uninstall the psa-horde packages manually, then to let Plesk install them again from within the web-based control panel.

    Once this was done, we had a problem with Horde looking in the wrong place for it's MySQL password, but finally figure that one out too.

    Both issues are described in more detail here (along with a few other things we encountered when upgrading RHEL4's versions of PHP and MySQL to non-prehistoric versions):

    http://www.nurelm.com/themanual/2009/07/24/upgrading-php-and-mysql-on-red-hat-enterprise-linux-4/
     
Loading...