• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue No CIFS mount because the user is changed.

enerspace

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

i would like to integrate an external backup space with mount in Plesk. I have already tried several ways.

- CIFS
- curlftpfs
- sshfs

All have the same problem that Plesk can not change the user at certain processes, and the process will terminate. For example, if the folder /var/lib/psa/dumps was integrated via CIFS, there is an error with the command: plesk repair all and other processes that want to change the user.

It can then not backup the MySQL database and skips the process.

Do you have an idea how I can implement this? I would like to go this way, because the recovery in the subscribers simply goes.

My fstab config:
Code:
curlftpfs#ftp://XXX:[email protected]/ /var/lib/psa/dumps fuse rw,allow_other,noauto,x-systemd.automount,user,uid=0,gid=0,umask=0022 0 0

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I found a solution with a loop mount with an image file. Its not the best solution. It would be better if there were no processes in the /dumps folder that would change the user or group.

EDIT: Change the title from Question to Issue

Last edited:
Why does not the Plesk panel use its own folder for the backup processes? This is clearly an error in the backup folder to change the user rights.

Back