• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue No such user in mail authorization database

tetrahall

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I discovered 3 days ago that many emails were not delivered. The maillog in /var/log/ contains numerous lines like "No such user [email protected] in mail authorization database".

I believe this problem started after a recent migration, but because there are hundreds of these emails, I wasn't aware of the problem because some emails did work. After searching Plesk forum, I have tried the 2 steps below without success.

1) mysql> select * from accounts where password='';
Result: Empty set (0.00 sec)

2) /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk

==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok
==> Checking for: mail_handlers_init... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_admin_aliases... ok
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_kav8_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_responder_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_imap_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_spam_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_grey_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_mailbox_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_spf_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dk_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dmarc_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_drweb_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_outgoing_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_transport_restore... ok

SYSTEMS:
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11
CentOS Linux 7.6.1810
php 7.2

It is really urgent. I would greatly appreciate your advice, please.

Thanks in advance.

Update: Have tried plesk repair mail. No errors or warnings.

I'm a complete novice but out of desperation have been searching for any clues. I've noticed on a couple of "problem" emails that the "Access to the Customer Panel" is checked. I wonder if this is related to the problem?

Could you please help by suggesting some clues or any step to solve this truly urgent matter?

All accounts have passwords set, so perhaps passwords are not the cause in this case.

I have found the following on the net and I am not sure if it is the right fix:-

Fixing broken mail handlers

do the following :-

mkdir /root/temp
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng --stop-service
cp -a /usr/local/psa/handlers/before-* /root/temp/
cp -a /usr/local/psa/handlers/info /root/temp/
rm -rf /usr/local/psa/handlers/before-*/*
rm -rf /usr/local/psa/handlers/info/*
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --without-spam
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng --start-service

Would appreciate your advice. Thanks

Thank you, m3lezZ, for your suggestion. In that post, the old "secret_key" is required. Unfortunately I don't have it. The migration was 2 months ago and the old system is no longer there.
According to the Mail does not work after restoring Plesk after disaster: No such user in mail authorization database article, in case your old secret_key isn't available anymore, passwords will need to be reset.

Plesk provides a Mass Password Reset script to do this for all accounts at once.

Unfortunately it hasn't worked!

I am thinking of deleting all email accounts and re-create them again. Problem is that even when I create a new email, sending works but it cannot receive!

Back