• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue 554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied;

matbcvo

Basic Pleskian
Hello

I am having problem with mail server. When someone sends email to email address that contains IDN domain, then they will get delivery status notification with error: 554 5.7.1 <test@dömäin.tld>: Relay access denied
Without IDN domain emails are delivered successfully.
For example when client has two domains (one of them is alias domain) and I send email to:
a) [email protected] -> email is delivered successfully
b) test@dömäin.tld -> I'm getting delivery status notification with error: 554 5.7.1 <test@dömäin.tld>: Relay access denied

Code:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --without-spam
==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok
==> Checking for: mail_handlers_init... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_admin_aliases... ok
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_kav8_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_responder_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_imap_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_grey_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_mailbox_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_spf_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dk_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dmarc_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_drweb_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_outgoing_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_transport_restore... ok

Code:
Mar 22 09:34:04 alpha postfix/smtpd[32670]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-eopbgr60108.outbound.protection.outlook.com[40.107.6.108]: 554 5.7.1 <test@dömäin.tld>: Relay access denied; from=<[email protected]> to=<test@dömäin.ee> proto=ESMTP helo=<EUR04-DB3-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com>

Last edited:
Looks like the bug. I'd suggest you report it here with all the necessary details.

Unfortunately I can't create new thread in Reports subforum, because I'm getting:
Code:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

You have to post 5 useful posts here. After that, you will be able to post reports.

Sounds like your virtual domains file for postfix is not correct, have you tried 'plesk repair mail -v > logfile.txt'. That might reveal what is amiss.

Back