1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

No system mail like security run output FreeBSD

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by devnu11, Aug 19, 2005.

1. devnu11

devnu11 Guest

Since I installed Plesk 7.5.3 on my FreeBSD 5.3 box I have not been getting system mail deliveries like the default security run output or daily run output. If I use a program like webmin for the "read mail" module and send mail from the root account to an outside account qmail is used to send the message and it arrives. If I send a message from a system user account like admin to root the mail does not appear. I have even tried a .forward file to an outside email address and the mail does not get delivered. Do I have to change /etc/mailer.conf or something similar? Anything to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

2. Spyder

Spyder Regular Pleskian

40%
    Hi,

Did you set up the /etc/aliases ? like this

root: you_email@your_domain.com

and execute the newaliases script ?

3. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    In /etc/periodic.conf you can set something like this should you wish:

daily_output="user@domain.com"