• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue No valid IP addresses found when creating a Subdomain

Craig1986

Basic Pleskian
I have successfully added a domain, within the Plesk Dashboard, where there are no issues in gaining access within a browser. I am now wanting to add a subdomain. I have followed the relevant steps, as follows:
  1. Go to domain.
  2. Select 'Add subdomain'.
  3. Enter Subdomain.
  4. I also set the Document Root to the same as the original domain.
  5. Once the subdomain was completed, I then headed into its DNS Settings and selected 'Enable' as to produce the additional DNS records.
Unfortunately, the subdomain is not loading in the browser. Instead, I am given the following message:

This site can’t be reached

test.example.com’s server IP address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I have also switched between the 'Master' and 'Slave' options, for the Subdomain DNS Settings but this does not seem to have an impact. I am also struggling to assign a 'Let's Encrypt' certificate to the Subdomain too. Not sure if this would help in figuring out a solution to this issue.

I suspect there is an issue with the IP address. I am just not sure where this issue would be how to resolve such an issue.

Please make sure that your host ist actually the registered nameserver in the domain dataset of the registrar.

Also, a change of DNS settings might take a few hours to be propagated through the Internet. A recent change to route the subdomain to the IP won't be known to your local access provider's routers yet so that your browser cannot find the route yet. It might work a few hours later.

Turns out there may had been an issue with Plesk's automation and/or default web files. As a trial and error exercise, I removed Plesk's default web files from the Subdomain and then copied over the original domain's web files via Websites & Domains > 'example.com' > Website Copying. These being the working default Plesk files.

The issue with getting the subdomain to load was then resolved, leaving me to simply now upload the correct content.

Of course, it could had been pure coincidence and that I performed the above action at precisely the same time propagation was nearing completion, though unlikely given I had already waited almost 24 hours.

Either way, thank you for taking the time to assist with the matter, where, if nothing else, the above may help anyone else experiencing a similar issue.

Last edited:
Back