• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Node.js application doesnt show up on IP and neither on PORT, after deleting the default index.html i get 403 Forbidden page

dnelband

New Pleskian
Hello, my client has recently upgraded his hosting at ionos 1&1 and the new server comes with plesk obsidian.
ive built a website and uploaded it prior to digital ocean - React App - as you can see it works , all the resources are loaded correctly, etc'.

im currently trying to migrate it to the plesk obsidian server, ive followed the nodejs video tutorial, uploaded a zip of the website, npm install, everything went smoothly,and ive changed the port to 8000 cause i knew there might be problems with the apache if i keep it at 80, but i cant get it to work and show normally on the ip address / preview url.

first issue i have is that in the preview link - React App - db queries are not working and images are not loaded. url seems to be pointing to root url + path which should work cause nodejs is running but im getting a file not found error in the console.

then i tried to navigate to the actual ip but all i got was the default webserver page,then i renamed it to old.index.html and now all i get is the 403 forbidden page.
when i try to navigate to the ip + port http://212.227.208.75:8000 which should work i get a website not found error page ( browser default ).

what do i need to do to have my website functioning 100% like it does on digital ocean ? please help, thanks in advance,

Back