• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Not used IPv6 address in ngnix.conf causes error

Erwin Fiten

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I'm using a webserver with IPv4 only at the moment.
once, I added an IPv6 address, but disabled it again (due to bad network configuration from my side)
Now, somehow the IPv6 address keeps on appearing in the config files, ad giving errors on the NGNIX.conf

When checking the configs I get this error :

New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: nginx: [emerg] bind() to [2001:6a8:2100:84::1:xxx]:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address) nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed .

When I reread the Ip's, i still get this :
Information: The IP address 2001:6a8:2100:84::1:xxx was synchronized with the system.

When I try to remove that IP i get :
Error: The IP address 2001:6a8:2100:84::1:xxx is already used for hosting. Cannot remove the IP address 2001:6a8:2100:84::1:xxx because it is the last IP address present on a network interface.

But I want to fully remove it for now, no IPv6 address.

How can I do this ?

Erwin

Last edited:
Thank you, this worked, but now I get another error (maybe i changed something before to try to solve the above issue.

New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: nginx: [emerg] a duplicate default server for 172.19.xx.xx:80 in /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/ip_default/domain.tld.conf:7 nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Back