• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Nothing added to maillog

S

Superman859

Something strange is going on with my server. Nothing is being updated as it should.

I just got reverse DNS set up for my server and decided to try it out. I sent some emails and went to look at the maillog. Well, it's empty 0.00 kb.

Looking in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

It shows that the last date was early this morning, but the log is empty. The maillog.proccessed has some info in it, but it's dated the 7th (it's almost the 12th now).

What's going on? I haven't made any changes with the server, yet things suddenly are no longer updating and working properly.

Besides this, my statistics are not being updated as they should for disk usage. That's another issue and in another thread, however. But it does make me wonder if it's all linked together somehow.

same problem

Hi, I have the same problem over here.

The maillog is 0 bytes. Is it possible that this has to do with the ownership of the file.

I have this problem after I did the following actions:
- deleted the orginal maillog file (/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog)
- created as 'root' a new maillog file

Anyone any suggestions?????

restart syslog

Hi all,

I restarted the syslog service. After the restart the maillog is working account

Command:
service syslog restart

Grtx.
Ronald

Back