• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue npm install not longer working

NormanHuth

New Pleskian
Since newest I can't install npm packages anymore.
I get the following message:
Bash:
$ /opt/plesk/node/12/bin/npm install
npm WARN read-shrinkwrap This version of npm is compatible with lockfileVersion@1, but package-lock.json was generated for lockfileVersion@2. I'll try to do my best with it!
npm WARN lifecycle npm is using /opt/plesk/node/12/bin/node but there is no node binary in the current PATH. Use the `--scripts-prepend-node-path` option to include the path for the node binary npm was executed with.

> [email protected] postinstall /var/www/vhosts/hallo.tools/httpdocs/echo.hallo.tools/client/node_modules/core-js
> node -e "try{require('./postinstall')}catch(e){}"

sh: 1: node: not found
npm WARN [email protected] requires a peer of bufferutil@^4.0.1 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN [email protected] requires a peer of utf-8-validate@^5.0.2 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN client No description
npm WARN client No repository field.
npm WARN client No license field.

npm ERR! file sh
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall spawn
npm ERR! [email protected] postinstall: `node -e "try{require('./postinstall')}catch(e){}"`
npm ERR! spawn ENOENT
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] postinstall script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /var/www/vhosts/hallo.tools/.npm/_logs/2021-03-19T19_38_45_926Z-debug.log

Back