• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Obsidian 18.0.61 delete subscription/ API call slow

apo208

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.61 Update #5
Hello,

I have an issue with a plesk installation we have (18.0.61 Update #5).

1) I can't delete subscriptions, it stucks on queue and not deleting them. I tried the: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12377460333463--How-to-cancel-a-stuck-task-in-Plesk but still happens.

2) We have an issue with API calls. We use API to create some subscriptions (Domain, FTP User). We can see from the logs that is created but the response from Plesk is coming too late (It takes 2-3 minutes to complete). This issue occured two weeks ago (before the Update #5). The server is an 8 Core VPS.

Hello @apo208

Another known issue is when the Task Manager itself gets stuck from time to time. This case is described here:
Tasks in Plesk are never executed and stuck as new: Cannot fetch process properties
I would assume the second issue is also related. Since the operations create tasks that should be processed by the Task Manager.

Anyway, investigation of such issues requires checking logs and behavior in general.
The Plesk log (/var/log/plesk/panel.log) with enabled Debug mode should contain some details. About task executions and the timestamps when API requests are processed. The system log (/var/log/messages) and the Task Manager's log (/var/log/plesk/task-manager.log) may contain additional information about the Task Manager's processes.

Back